Notices

Rough day

Old 06-23-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rough day

Opefully this is on the right board. Anxiety and agitation today. In the past I just cracked a beer to get rid o the feeling but now I'm just dealing with it. It's not fun. Having a crap day at work. Any way day 8 is almost over. Will see what happens.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey olometal, posting here is just fine!!

I know the feeling, stress after work was something I thought I was never going to deal with without alcohol, but it can be done, I now go for a walk in the evenings, plenty of fresh air and my ipod for some music, clears my head out nicely, and then a few pots of green tea in the lead up to bedtime!!

Others do other things, the main thing is finding what works for you, the worst thing to do though is sit thinking about alcohol all evening, even doing something that passes the time and distracts your thoughts can be helpful.

Great job on Day 8!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 06-23-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day eight is great. Just keep saying that mantra. Sorry you are having a rough day. It will pass.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
The Kid

A bad day doesn't make a bad life. You're passed a week and that's great, I hope you find peace in your new sober life best wishes
Old 06-23-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It will get better olometal.

Remember we drank for years - I think you have to give it a little while for your mind sand body to recover

Congrats on day 8

D
Old 06-23-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You sound just like me tonight olometal. Horrible day at work, worries about my sick dog, tired from a bad nights sleep (sick dog). I came very close to buying some booze on the way home. But....the bottom line is that it wouldn't make things better. Tomorrow has to be better than today was. Can't be any worse. But if I drank tonight, tomorrow would surely be worse. I would have a hangover and would be disgusted with myself. I would be depressed and feel likecrap. So, I'm just going to watch a movie and let this rotten day pass. We all have bad days sometimes. Tomorrow will be better. Congrats on your 8 days!
Old 06-23-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Just really down. Went for a run and that helped a little. Granted getting my overweight body running resembles more glorified walking but oh well. I think this has been the toughest day so far. I knew if I just cracked a beer open the feeling would go away. I was telling my wife about my day and I started to get choked up. Thankfully I'm on Antabuse for the first couple of weeks. Not having a choice to fail is one less thing to worry about. Granted I will run out of pills eventually so will have to learn how to deal but not going to worry about it for now. Tomorrow has problems of its own.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you made it through the day and got a little exercise. Personally, I gave up on the running thing. I just walk now.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ugh. This downer feeling is really kicking my butt. I feel so helpless/hopeless. Hoping after I go to sleep tomorrow will be different. I just feel like crying. I am blowing things up bigger than I should. Thinking once my brain settles down my AD's will start working again.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Don't let this day define who you are, olometal, it's just one day out of many. While I'm only on day 22 of my sobriety, I can tell you that I felt terrible at day 8 BUT that things got much better as the days went on. Just be kind to yourself and remember that these feelings shall pass. Hoping you get a good nights rest!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rachelle77 View Post
Don't let this day define who you are, olometal, it's just one day out of many. While I'm only on day 22 of my sobriety, I can tell you that I felt terrible at day 8 BUT that things got much better as the days went on. Just be kind to yourself and remember that these feelings shall pass. Hoping you get a good nights rest!
thank you rachelle.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I know how you feel! Itll pass though. I had such a stressful day at work and came home to find my dad drinking. It really sucked. I was so pissed that I came close to walking down to the corner store. I distracted myself with some music and chatting with friends. Next thing I know, I have the house to myself(dad is asleep), I am watching some TV with some coke 0 and on the laptop. Very relaxing and was looking forward to this all day.

Anything you can do to maybe distract yourself? Or something that relaxes you that you can take joy in? Even if it seems minor at face value? Even something as kicking back on the recliner like I am now really helps with these stressful feelings that come in the evening. Congrats on day 8!