Notices

Rough Afternoon

Old 06-19-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rough Afternoon

Dunno what brought on my cravings today, but its been pretty bad. Out of nowhere pretty much. Really struggling right now. Trying not to relapse. I have to stop my mind making excuses for why I can't just walk to the store and get some drinks.

That voice is evil and it's trying to kill me. That's what I have to remind myself of.

I have tomorrow off work and in a little while I'm gonna get a take away and some desert. I get that's it not healthy eating but if it stops me from relapsing tonight, that's worth it as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone else having a tough one?
Old 06-19-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It can be pretty rough at first. But as time goes by the strong voice becomes nothing more than a whisper. And then it will be gone.
Hang in there brother, you're doing great!
Old 06-19-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

Hey MrBen, sorry it's been tough today - take away and dessert sound like a good plan. I lean on ice cream daily and that's better than alcohol any day because I never wake up at 3 a.m. hating myself. I bet you will feel better tomorrow morning. Hang in there.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Get some food in and concentrate on getting through and feeling good about your decision not to pick up. In the morning you will have won.
It gets easier.
John.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

MrBen - Hang in there. Takeout and icecream sounds like a good plan. Maybe you can go to bed early if it gets too bad?
Old 06-19-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi MrBen - yes I had a tough few days (regarding work) earlier in the week. My head just kept spinning. I started a thread on Wednesday with a big rant but as I posted the website went down. Anyway I got through it sober - today was a reasonable day at work and today I am feeling so much better. I hope things turn around for you quickly.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm right there with Charleesavedme--was a daily ice cream eater for the first 6 months of sobriety. Enjoy every bite of your dessert.

Hope your AV shuts up soon--it's annoyed because you're doing so well! I also hope you feel much better in the morning.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ice cream here too. I've had a rough few days. Nothing but self imposed pressure. Don't know if I wanted to drink for the escape or I if I created the pressure so that I would feel like drinking. I didn't. Ice cream and distractions. Hang in there. Take away and desert sound lovely. And it's always a great thing to come here to talk about it. It does get better.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey MrBen, how's things this morning?

I wouldn't worry about healthy eating, your main priority is being Sober, and so eat whatever it takes, just go for it!!
Old 06-20-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

This morning is pretty good. Thanks guys =)

Cravings come and go, I just need to ride them out. Easier said than done I know.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Mr Ben, keep marching on sober, you can do this!