Notices

Day 6

Old 06-18-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Day 6

And I'm only gonna post one more daily update and then maybe switch to weeks! As mentioned in another post, I went to my second AA meeting last night because the first one left much to be desired. I am still undecided as to whether or not I'll continue going, but I can say last night's meeting was much more positive and left me with a good feeling. The religious overtones - especially given that I live here in the Bible Belt - is still offputting but the people were really cordial and just seemed... normal.

I took my last dose of Librium this morning and now I'm done with it. I see my doctor again Friday for a followup. All in all, things are going very well. I am so happy to be past those first days of withdrawal! I know PAWS will show up eventually - it always does - but I'm prepared for it.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Whatever keeps you Sober!!! Great Job on Day 6!!
Old 06-18-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sounds like things are going well. I'd say even if you don't do daily updates that participating in discussions and helping others here on SR can still be of great benefit. Straying away from the resources that we use to keep us sober can have very negative consequences.

Regaring the AA meeting, glad you found one that you liked better. Regarding the religious overtones, you can just participate in everything else. I have a very good friend that has been in AA for over a decade, and he has a lot more experience in sobriety than I. He is also a very religious person. I've been to meetings with him and we've discussed/argued the whole relgious/aa topic many times, but what I found is that it's perfectly fine to just leave that aside. Don't get caught up in what doesn't work, just make use of what does work.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 6 GetMeOut

and try not to worry too much PAWs is not inevitable - not everyone gets it

D