Notices

Heart palpitations

Old 06-10-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Heart palpitations

So today I'm 16 days clean of opiates but im still keep having these heart palpitations and they just won't go anyway! I'm not sure if it's anxiety if it's lingering withdrawal symptoms ? anyone else have heart palpitations this far after withdrawal?
Old 06-10-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't have any experience with opiates. If your afraid, I would go see a Dr. if nothing else, for your own peace of mind, my Friend.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

At 16 days it is definitely time to see a Dr.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have an appt. Thursday, I had a check up with blood work while in detox and all was ok. I've had these many years ago and wore a heart monitor etc. all came back as anxiety. I am drinking a ton of caffeine and I smoke so I'm sure this isn't helping. I'm trying to quit one vice at a time but I'm going to cut back on the coffee tomorrow and see if that helps some.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

Too much caffeine would do that to me at times. I cut way back on coffee and I can feel the caffeine after one cup now. Funny I used to drink the stuff all day and swear it did nothing to me. The anxiety after quitting is probably aggravated by the caffeine but it's great you have a Dr appointment.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ashamed - I get them when I drink too much coffee and when I am smoking cigs. I don't think mine were a result of opi withdrawal per se, because I had an incident with coke around the same time. They bothered me mentally for a long time until I got a full work up from a cardiologist. I was told that the type that I have is benign. It seems like something definitely worth getting checked out.