Notices

Always a first time

Old 06-10-2014, 03:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Always a first time

Know I'm only on day 6 but for the first time in a long time I'm up, dressed, hair washed, make up on.. Even with a broken right arm.. I work from home and so easy to drink but was always in my pj's couldn't be bothered to get dressed or comb hair.. I still have the anxiety but it's bearable and I don't ever want to go back to that place.. I lost all my self respect and it's time to get it back.. You guys are such a help.. I stumbled across this website by accident and boy am I glad I did.. Don't get me wrong I know I got a long road ahead.. But this small change is a foundation to build the rest of life on.. I want my life back and no one is taking that from me.. Least of all alcohol.. God bless you all xx
Old 06-10-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yah, You sound like a million dollars compared where you were a day or two ago.

You are doing so good, now be prepared, in these early days the negative feelings and emotions can come flooding back in waves that can really put us on the back foot. Just be ready and keep going.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do this Vicky

D
Old 06-10-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Only six days?? Six days is GREAT! Believe me, I know all to well how hard it is to get to six days. I failed a hundred times, so good for you!
Up and dressed. Anxiety leaving. Sounds great. And, the good news is, it only gets better.

Your post made my morning. Thank you, and best to you.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello vickys1972,
You have had a series of triumphs every day you have posted! Your post yesterday "I turned my back walked away and walked out the shop.. Major achievement." was huge, congratulations! These are the toughest days. NTTL above is correct that the negative emotions and anxiety can come flooding back, and try to get us off course. Posting here sure can make a difference there. I am on Day 9 today and feel fabulous. Be kind to yourself, and be grateful for all of those little triumphs. The sober life is so precious! Have a great day 6, many more to come.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I remember when blowdrying my hair and putting makeup on, hell brushing my teeth after one of my binges was a chore and a half....it's amazing how just doing those "lil" things can make a huge improvement in how we feel inside.
so props to you Vicky!!!!! keep doing those "lil" things...they add up!
Old 06-10-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you I'm still struggling with anxiety but I guess that will go. My dad just came in to get my daughter and his only words to me were at least your sober. Ignorant if you ask me. And that's my family xx
Old 06-10-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much. I know it's early days but it's getting better. I still freak and use my pills but one step at a time x
Old 06-10-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm on Day 64 now, and getting to Day 6 was in some ways the hardest part. In the past I caved in after a few nights without the booze. You are doing great!