Notices

Rock bottom

Old 06-09-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rock bottom

I'm curious, did you ever hit bottom? If so, what was it?
I think bottom is very different for all of us. Mine was when I thought about pawning my beautiful diamond ring and coach purses...I said "what !!" Look at you!! That the was the day I took a hammer to my phone, called a good friend and had her drive me to a mental hospital for detox.

I'm now 15 days clean and everyday it gets a little better. I know I've got a very long road ahead of me, we're always fighting but feeling free from pills? Feels pretty darn good!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ashamed - I never had a single event happen that I would consider a 'bottom'. When I was ready to quit the fear of continuing to use exceeded the fear of withdrawal. Anything would have been a better alternative to continuing to use. I had plenty of moments along the way where I said "what !! Look at you!!", but it just never clicked until I saw for myself that I couldn't keep on keeping on if I was using.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hit rock bottom when I realized how much I was hurting the people around me and how selfish I had been. I can imagine my life without alcohol and drugs, I can't handle a life without my fiancé and sister.