Notices

Struggling and getting angry

Old 06-08-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling and getting angry

Hi all it's been a hell day 4.. I am really agitated and also getting angry with people.. The good news I guess is I have only taken half a zopiclone but I'm climbing the walls again.. This has to get better x
Old 06-08-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello vickys1972,
You can read my string from "Angry Guy" and peoples recommendations above. I was on day 6 yesterday and had a very angry day, out of the blue. I have not slept all week more than 2 hours and that was a huge factor, caught up with me. I remembered HALT- Hungry, Alone, Lonely, Tired, and that at least assured me that this was normal. Also reminding me that in recovery as well as life, I am in charge of ME, and cannot control anything that someone else does, or thinks.
I hope your angry, struggling goes away today. Hang in there, as tough as it is, it really does get better. Wish you the very best-You deserve it!
Old 06-08-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi. It will get better with that four letter word, TIME. I needed to realize that the damage I did to my mental and emotional health did not occur overnight nor will they be repaired that fast. Sobriety followed by recovery is a process that often takes place with baby steps. I needed AA for my guidance. Sites like this are a great help, both involve work.
A favorite line for me is “we don’t have to TRY to get sober AGAIN if we don’t pick up the first drink.”

BE WELL
Old 06-08-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi it's the anxiety I can't deal with I have a disorder anyway and this is electrifying it to be honest.. I have agoraphobia to so sat in the prison of these four walls x
Old 06-08-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Day 4 was the worst for me too. Much of my anxiety was actually causes by alcohol, so it got Much better after being sober for a bit. Hang in there, how about a short walk to clear your mind?
Old 06-08-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Day 4 was the worst for me too. Much of my anxiety was actually causes by alcohol, so it got Much better after being sober for a bit. Hang in there, how about a short walk to clear your mind?
Hey Scott I could try but I have agoraphobia doesn't help x
Old 06-08-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by vickys1972 View Post
Hey Scott I could try but I have agoraphobia doesn't help x
I'm sure it is difficult, but you did leave the house to get alcohol, right? You could just get some fresh and not even leave the yard for a start.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yea shop across road weird huh but then guess I was brave and drunk.. I only took half a zopiclone Today I was on 7 and 2 bottles of wine x
Old 06-08-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think support really helps Vicky. If leaving the house is hard for you thats ok...its hard for me too for a different reason (I'm disabled)

SR has been a lifeline for me. I really encourage you to join some other threads here for more support.

Check out the Class of June support thread and our 24 hour Recovery Connections thread - it's a great way to make a daily commitment to our recovery
Old 06-08-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Vicky, it is tough, there is no doubt. You are doing so well. Give yourself a pat on the back.

These are the worst days..Try breathing really deeply several times use your arms...with big round windmill arms..take your time and know that you will get through this and the worse will be over soon.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I hope you are feeling better.....and that is super on your 4 days it wasn't so long ago for me when I was at my 4 day Mark, I know I was feeling like dog doo doo physically/emtionally and was rather impatient with myself with thinking....why the hell don't I feel better, I'm not drinking! But reading alot of posts and I've gotten into reading books on addiction, etc , I realized I'm not going to feel better probably for awhile...especially all the wine I poured down in me overtime.
But I'm at day 27, i feel better than day 4......so hang in there K I can say it gets better
Old 06-08-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Have you tried Yoga videos or exercise videos? You can find many online, like YouTube. You can also buy them or rent them if you can afford it or have your local library mail some to you.

Exercise is great for anxiety.

Do you have any herbal teas? Sleepy Time Plus is good, or Tension Tamer.

Deep breathing is also helpful, also look up meditation.

I use this one, it is easy to do and kind of fun.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

vicky
i think i was very angry, anxiety and hot tempered on day 4. some times i sit with anxiety and my heart is racing, sweaty and nervous of really nothing. but i am sure you heard this many times, it does get better as time goes on.
i think my addiction las left me with agoraphobia also. so my house in some ways became a prison for me also.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Day four can be rough but it's going to start getting better soon. Hang in there. You can do this.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey Vickys...how you doing now? Feeling any better?