Notices

Day 1..my first day..

Old 06-07-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1..my first day..

I've been an active IV methamphetamine user since 2011. I've tried numerous times to quit using, everytime I use, I always say I'm never going to do it again, or stop shooting and only smoke/snort/eat it. But that demon inside of me never fails to come alive. But today feels different (06/07/2014) I don't want to hide behind my meth monster anymore. I can't afford rehab, so I'm trying something new.. I'm just tired of being sick and tired. I'm only 29, I have to change how I've been treating my body, I'm pretty sure that I have hepatitis C.. there has to be something better than this life I'm living..

I just posted the same thing in the newcomers forum, I just feel it seems better to be posted in substance abuse..
Old 06-07-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I was hooked on meth in the late 70s, early 80s, before it became the scourge it is now. A hard high to give up, but it can be done. Rehab costs, but NA is free. Give it some thought.

Good luck.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
I was hooked on meth in the late 70s, early 80s, before it became the scourge it is now. A hard high to give up, but it can be done. Rehab costs, but NA is free. Give it some thought.

Good luck.
Thank you, much appreciated
Old 06-07-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I too had meth in my life (daily habit) until 10 years ago. One day I decided enough is enough. I couldn't take it anymore. I went through a week of withdrawals and that was it. I was done. I didn't even like the high anymore, I was more addicted to the rituals of doing it.

After quitting completely I had occasional cravings but it no longer had a place in my life so I let it go. You can do it too!
Old 06-07-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

best of luck
Old 06-07-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lost - I don't have personal experience with speed, but I can totally relate to the feeling that there must be something better out there than the life I was living. When I got to that point I was finally ready to quit. Best of luck with the withdrawal.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

There was recovery before treatment centers my friend!!! Good job on recognizing what you need to do! Good luck!
Old 06-07-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sometimes, when it comes down to a methamphetamine addiction, it is just worthwhile to fork over the costs for recovery, it might cost a lot, but how much do you think your mental and physical health is worth?
Old 06-07-2014, 11:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Riles Smiles View Post
Sometimes, when it comes down to a methamphetamine addiction, it is just worthwhile to fork over the costs for recovery, it might cost a lot, but how much do you think your mental and physical health is worth?
I'm honestly aware of that, but I simply cannot afford and do not have anyone to help me with a rehab..i feel like I can do this on my own. it's different this time..i wasn't ready before..i'm more than ready now..
Old 06-08-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The Salvation Army has free rehab but there may be a wait. It doesn't hurt to check them out. I wish you the best of luck!
Old 06-08-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
megamillion

Hey, I'm on day 2 of recovery from meth. I was never an IV user but I can relate to what you're going through. It's so ******* hard battling with yourself every damn day about whether you are going to use or not- then giving in and realizing you made a mistake. It's time for us to break that cycle of disappointment in ourselves. I was pretty close to using today but decided not. Hope you are still hangin in there.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by megamillion View Post
Hey, It's so ******* hard battling with yourself every damn day about whether you are going to use or not- then giving in and realizing you made a mistake. It's time for us to break that cycle of disappointment in ourselves. I was pretty close to using today but decided not. Hope you are still hangin in there.
Wow that sums it up! The battle of whether I am going to use or not. I can really relate to that

Then when I give in and use the battle becomes different. It's a battle to finding ways to keep using. Like lying about a reason to get away....and trying to be "normal" or not high when I get back home or to work