Notices

Day 2 and it's a doosey

Old 06-04-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 and it's a doosey

I can't even leave my bedroom. I am feeling incredibly isolated and sad and sore and shamed. I know that not drinking today is the most important thing I can do even if it means staying in bed. I did the same thing yesterday cuz of the shakes and feeling so damn hungover. No sleep last night means strange sleep patterns into the day. It's the same routine I had drinking. Drink all day/night and always having the hangover excuse for zero productivity the next day. The problem today is that I can't drink today for my actions yesterday. I am excited for some sort of routine but for now, I feel stuck like glue to the only room in the house that doesn't have booze lingering.

Monday was my last day of drinking and I don't remember one minute of the entire day. My father in law and cuz in law were here at my house visiting from out of town and witnessed the whole mess. My hubby got home and I had some how made it to the bedroom to pass out. I have not had a conversation with any of them about what I did or didn't do so I'm still wallowing in that particular day and my actions. Father in law is still staying with us through tomorrow and I have basically been hybernating in my room out of shame. I don't know what to say to him so here I sit. I do have plans to meet with my sister tonight as she is aware of my problem and is being supportive. So many thoughts, so overwhelming and I still haven't found a gd treatment center. I don't know what to do next. I am utterly all filled up with too much anxiety and fear.

Didn't mean for all that to come out. Breathe.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!! you'll find loads of support here!!

You just gotta make it to bedtime, you can do this!!
Old 06-04-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome and try to hang in without picking up the first drink. If we don’t pick up that first drink we don’t have to get sober AGAIN.
Our rewards are greater than the sacrifice when we stay sober.

BE WELL
Old 06-04-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Theres a ton of support here Baz

check out our Class of June support thread
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-2014-a-8.html

& our 24 hour Recovery Connections thread - great way to make a daily commitment to recovery
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ections-4.html

D
Old 06-04-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Day 2 is known to be filled with emotion & remorse. It's normal to be feeling the way you describe. Please be kind to yourself - and patient. You'll begin to feel better soon. Things won't seem so overwhelming when you begin to heal and have a clear head.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Get thru this one hour at a time, or one minute at a time if you have to. This shall pass and you'll soon be feeling better.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

One hour at a time seems reasonable. I have found a place that will take my insurance and do initial assessment - from there they will help me in house or aid me in finding the type of treatment I need. It's not until Friday, but at this point and after what seems like an eternity of searching, I am finding peace in knowing some professional relief is close. Thank you for your support the past 2 days.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sunnybaz, FWIW I taking it one hour at a time. Hang in there and I'm glad you found a place that takes your insurance.