Notices

Honestly, I was inspired by the Rob Ford Story?

Old 05-24-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Not sure when last drink was?

Honestly, I was inspired by the Rob Ford Story?

I'm 30 years old, married with 3 kids, a great family. My oldest is a top student and my preschoolers are doing great in so many ways. My last beer was a week ago. And that was handed to me in a social setting without me being asked, I had a few sips, pounded the rest and spent 16 hours in bed with the sweats and the shakes drinking water by the gallon with the AC in my house cranked, in MAY! MY wife can't live like this! I need to just stop drinking for good and not try and just have a little bit because..... my body has gotten so sick of being abused by alcohol that a small taste makes me sick for 2 days.

Quite honestly, it was Rob Ford's story that got me to stop drinking in the first place. The news on the radio and television and me and my friends were kinda laughing and going well, maybe not crack, but I understand. And my wife and mom were just both, like disturbed, that we took such a cavalier attitude towards drunk driving and extreme binge drinking fueled with use of other drugs. But who hasn't had to pull over and **** in a park? seriously? Anyway, I haven't ever lost a job, or got in trouble with the law. I mean at least a few behaviors addicts and alcoholics have been living with like they're normal have been reported for the world to see and scolded harshly. I had a moment where I could foresee my life unfolding as his did, where all of my secret wrongs just completely destroy me. Fortunately, I have never done anything illegal, except for maybe **** in a park.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the SR family. You've come to the right place for support in stopping drinking. We all have experience in conquering addiction. The nice thing about SR is that it's open all the time.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Skeletor, I'm really glad you found us. You're among people who understand all that you've been through. Keep posting, it'll help you stay strong.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Skeletor - and congrats on your week. There's a lot of support here.