One last step to take.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One last step to take.

Well, D day is close upon me and I have taken a few more steps. Just so wobbly to take the last one. I put a deposit on a very cute, affordable little house for my daughter and myself. I am so excited. I can collect my last check of the year on Tuesday, and then I will be able to turn on gas, electric and water. The only thing left is to tell AH. Gaaa!!
Old 05-23-2014, 10:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!
Old 05-23-2014, 10:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Good for you!!
Old 05-23-2014, 10:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Magsie

All the best, Yurt, for you and your daughter.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Your life is going to open up in ways you've never even dreamed - it may happen slowly at first but it will happen..I'm so happy for you.

I was so scared that day I moved out and here I am a year later and things are infinitely happier - I am relaxed, free and living life. I do not regret the decision even a little.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

So, will you be changing your name from Yurt to CuteLittleHouse?

Congratulations! I know this has been a long, difficult process for you. The end is in sight. I'll be praying for you in the days and weeks ahead.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yurt, I am so glad for you! I wish you all the happiness in the world, and I hope you enjoy your cute little house and your new peaceful life w/your daughter so very, very much.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations

I wish you and your daughter peace and happiness in your new home.
You'll get through this patch and then freedom!
Old 05-24-2014, 04:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I think that's wonderful news, Yurt! I hope that all is peaceful in your conversation with your husband.

Enjoy your new serene and joyful safe haven!!!!
Old 05-24-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Yurt! I just said a little prayer for you this am! Did you use a eBook for your daily exit planning? Do you mind sharing the title? I think I recall you had some kind of laid out plan.

I am so tickled for you.

Do you really have to tell him? Wouldn't leaving without a word speak just as loudly? This is your life. Do you need a final scene? He'll figure it out I would imagine.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey congrats too on your daughter's academic achievements! She is going to bloom even more with distance from the A.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

CodeJob--Really. Really? Leave a several years marriage without a word?

(of course, I would consider possible danger or abuse an exception--as safety is always number one).

dandylion
Old 05-24-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Is it green, with mountains behind it, a beautiful blue sky, and the sun lovingly shining down upon it?

I'm so happy for you and you're daughter.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I still have not broken the news, although it will happen this weekend. He must know that something is on the horizon. I believe he was into my computer a couple of times and he has made a few pointed comments. However, he is being overly sweet the last two days. Bought me a new GPS (the better to track my travels?) and just ordered matching T-shirts for the 3 of us. This will make the conversation SO much more fun.

Codie, there were several books that I used for reference to formulate an exit. I will post them later today.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yay!! Good luck my friend!
Old 05-25-2014, 04:55 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
CodeJob--Really. Really? Leave a several years marriage without a word?

(of course, I would consider possible danger or abuse an exception--as safety is always number one).

dandylion
I over do things. I wade into problems I don't own. I beat the dead horse. I think I can save people from themselves. My lesson is to let go and walk away in this lifetime. Figuring out my lesson and enacting it are two different things. Actions do speak. For me not to use words is quite an accomplishment. It is an option to just walk away IMO.

Either way, this is Yurt's final scene. You are strong enough to plan this out - quite wisely too - you are strong enough to play through. We've all got back your back woman! Hugs! Rocky music if that is your thing...
Old 05-25-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Pia

Hummm** I don't know the full back story but if Divorce is already on the horizon, and the deposit has been put on the new place etc. . I would wait until I am out the house to say anything especially since he has been on the computer and has an idea. Especially since he checked out along time ago emotionally being an alcoholic.

I would just be smiling knowing I am going to be in a better place. Then tell him after either all my stuff is out or most. We all know the drama that is about to happen once she tells him.

Last edited by Pia; 05-25-2014 at 06:12 AM. Reason: forgot something to say
Old 05-25-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

A long road... how does it all feel Yurt?
Old 05-25-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Sounds like we are practically in the same place right now. I am waiting for the attorney to send me the marriage settlement agreement so I can make an offer on a new place. My husband is not living at home and I am 100
% sure this is final and while I still have some bad days of doubt and wondering if this is REALLY it, I also, know that this is what needs to be done. I hope that you get through this rough patch and stand on the other side with your child and feel peace and happiness.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

As some have phrased it---the "final scene".....well, maybe, of this chapter. There is a child involved---and that means another chapter--the chapter of co-parenting together for the best welfare of the child.

I do hope for the best possible unfolding of this. This is definitely not an easy thing to do.

dandylion