Life is a Game of Russian Roulette

Old 05-21-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life is a Game of Russian Roulette

Our wedding anniversary is next week and I just booked two nights for this weekend for us and our two kids at the hotel that we were married at which is a couple hours away from home. At first I was a little nervous, playing out both the best and worst case scenarios in my mind and then my recovery kicked in…it only has to be as good or bad as I allow this trip to be and worrying or fantasizing about either scenario doesn't make either outcome more likely to happen - duh, right?

Worst case scenario: he drinks and I make him stay at a different hotel or I take the girls and I to a different hotel (white people problems.) Best case scenario: we have a fun little family weekend away with a little nostalgia to boot. The most likely scenario is that we'll have a mix of good moments and not so good moments during our little jaunt.

I'm going in with the mindset that I just want to have fun with my little family but obviously a weekend away with a newly recovering alcoholic husband and two young, food restricted children also requires work and a boat load of patience and humor. Lucky for me, I think I can handle that and I have noooooo expectations going into this. I'm either a very naive glutton for punishment or I'm actually becoming a healthier individual. Not exactly sure which is happening here. LOL
Old 05-22-2014, 12:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It sounds to me like you are learning to live in the moment and not build up too high of expectations.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You have the right attitude Stung. Now go have fun!

Happy Anniversary
Old 05-22-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stung View Post
........it only has to be as good or bad as I allow this trip to be and worrying or fantasizing about either scenario doesn't make either outcome more likely to happen - duh
Duh....Just go have fun! Happy Anniversary!
Old 05-22-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yay! Weekend getaway. I am sure it is all going to work out. If you have any glitches, you are fully capable of handling them.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Age-old wisdom: Hope for the best; plan for the worst.

You probably know from past history whether he "travels well" or not.

Good luck.

dandylion