Notices

Struggling at 3 months

Old 05-15-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling at 3 months

I am close to 3 months clean from opiates. I haven't made it this long in 4 years. And I am struggling. I am not sure what the trigger was but now it is all I think about. I guess I am just feeling the disappointment of my high expectations. I thought if I just remove pills from my life everything will be fine and fall into place. I realize that is not how this works.

I don't know how to be myself anymore. I don't know how to deal with life anymore. I feel all this guilt and shame about my past and don't know how to move forward.

I always read about the compulsion aspect of addiction but now I understand. When I thought about using over a week ago, that thought has grown and grown. I have stayed strong. It is mentally and emotionally exhausting. I feel like I am battling myself everyday, all day.

I have tried to bring healthy things into my life but apparently I am missing something.

This is normal?
Old 05-15-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

seems to be a trend. 3 months and the brain and body are missing what they once had....

get through this!!! it's not worth it going back. keep moving forward!!!
Old 05-16-2014, 12:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hi auralea, welcome to SR
Well done on your 3 months. You've made a big change in your life, it's going to take time to settle into place.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done Auralea on getting to where you are, I know the feeling I am at 25 days today and it is so so draining but I just keep telling myself, this is my body healing after years of abuse and just think to myself if I went back using the outcome would be MANY MANY TIMES worse due to the kindling/repeat effect on the brain and I try and distract myself and hope it eases. God Bless You.