checking in...

Old 05-10-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

checking in...

I haven't posted in a while so thought I'd check in...I've been coming to SR but just doing more reading than posting lately. I am still no contact with my XABF. It's been almost a month now. He hasn't contacted me to get his stuff from the garage and I haven't contacted him. I know that he is still living in his sister's basement.

I am still so sad...not sure when or if that will go away... Been reading a lot and trying to understand as much as I can about this disease. Still going to counseling although I had to put it on hold for a couple of weeks due to finances.

It is so hard to do all of the things that we were supposed to do together, by myself. Went to an event two weeks ago by myself. Going on vacation which we were supposed to go on together, by myself. Going to an overnight wedding, by myself. It is hard. But I am doing it and just trying to get through the days.

This forum has been a tremendous help along with reading books and talking to my therapist. I have a long way to go though. I do think that the no contact is the best thing I could have done and absolutely the only way to get through this.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Amanda,

Congrats to you dear. Well done. It's a hard journey but no contact frees us. You are doing great & keep it up. You 're encouraging others! Well done. And yes, the sadness will go away. God bless, guide & protect you.
Love, Bernadette 777