Aaaggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Old 05-08-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Aaaggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

I need to vent

Long story short - I was raised by my best friends famil form the age of 14 because my own FOO is soooo screwed up

I recently posted on Facebook how lucky I am to have them in my life because they care more than my FOO does.

SIL messages me that "I hope you were drunk out your mind when you posted that, this would destroy your brother" (Not the A brother BTW)

It went on and on about what I need to do to fix things

WHAT??????

This is the side of the family that doesn't allow the A brother in their home or to even call.

How DARE she say something crappy like that about being drunk?
I know she is implying that I HAD to be drunk to post such a thing.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 05-08-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's because of stuff like that I recently deactivated my own Facebook and a few of my friends and one of my aunts are beside themselves that I'm not on FB anymore. Seriously, Facebook is drama central.

Your SIL is speaking way out of turn. If your brother is mad, let him be mad.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Linkin Park Enthusiast

Yes, I find the block function to be very useful on facebook. I have many blocked people.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by littlesister1 View Post
I recently posted on Facebook how lucky I am to have them in my life because they care more than my FOO does.
Well that post is an invitation for drama, no?

Originally Posted by Stung View Post
Seriously, Facebook is drama central.
Exactly my point

Old 05-08-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Facebook free since 2004
Old 05-08-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't understand why people put stuff up on the internet for the world to see, and then get offended when someone disagrees with it. Once you bring your trash to the curb, it's fair game.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello littlesister,

Well, I must admit, I'd be pretty mad too, for a time. Then I would block the people who do not contribute to my peace and serenity. Consider the source, afterall, and know that statements about family members (who's better than the others etc.) will always bring hard feelings to someone.

"Block Member" is your friend!
Old 05-09-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Don't post anything on the internet if you're not prepared for negative comments or backlash. Posting that on Facebook is just saying, "Hey, have at me!" Just because you CAN tell the world doesn't mean you SHOULD.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have a Facebook account b/c if I "liked" a particular online running shoe/clothing store, I got a 15% discount. That is ALL I have ever used FB for.

I could not agree more w/those who say it's nothing but an invitation to drama and discord. I know, people have told me they've reconnected w/people they hadn't seen in years, so wonderful to be back in touch, yadda yadda, but it seems that stories like that are in the minority compared to tales like this of "mean people" saying "nasty things."

My brother was stalked on FB by an unstable ex-GF, who then contacted his current GF and created all sorts of havoc via FB in that relationship. Really, it was a nightmare for him, not to mention the current GF. I'm not so sure it's always a good idea to wave yourself around in the virtual world like that....sometimes you WANT those people you haven't heard from in many years to just stay wherever they've been all that time!
Old 05-09-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

There are people who have hurt me and caused me pain. There are others who have lifted me up. Dissing one to pay respect to the other is not helpful in the long term. There are people I would like to out for the world to know what creeps they are, but I hold my tongue. Not my monkey.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This. Seren always has the best, most calming way of saying things. I too have blocked many on my page, it has worked out just fine!

Originally Posted by Seren View Post
Hello littlesister,

Well, I must admit, I'd be pretty mad too, for a time. Then I would block the people who do not contribute to my peace and serenity. Consider the source, afterall, and know that statements about family members (who's better than the others etc.) will always bring hard feelings to someone.

"Block Member" is your friend!