Notices

A Reason to Celebrate

Old 07-03-2004, 10:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Reason to Celebrate

Hey im 23..Been addicted to heroin for 6yrs..Been clean for about 5 months now..And i have to thank it to the help of my great counselor and the help of methadone...I know not everyone like methadone on here..But im not writing cause of that so id really like it if people dont write in trying to talk me out of being on methadone..Or that it aint right that i stopped with methadone...
Anyways This will be the first time i wont use dope since i first started using heroin...I always used on the 4th because it was my anniversry of my first time using..I use to be happy about that..That shows how sick and crazy addicts are..But now that my minds clear..And i see things in a new lite..I aint gonna celebrate with using..But im gonna celebrate that this will be another year im able to stay clean...Wish you all the best...Jackie
Old 07-03-2004, 11:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Happy Fourth
of July, Jackie!!

Thanks for sharing that. And congrats on 5 months!
Love, Eddie
Old 07-03-2004, 11:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Fourth of July

to everyone from the United States and to you Jackie

I hope you all have a fantastic day tomorrow celebrating Independence Day!! Have a safe and enjoyable holiday!

Love, Anna
Old 07-04-2004, 06:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hope everyone has a safe and SOBER holiday!
Old 07-04-2004, 07:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Congrats on staying clean Jackie, and it's none of your business what others think of you as Paulie say's! You do what works for you, and so long as that's working, nuff said! Your beating one of the worst of them, and that's awesome!!
Old 07-11-2004, 04:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you...My fourth went by pretty nice...On saturday i went to a barbacue that my friends at my clinic threw...My counselor even came...We made killer shish kabobs..And franks..everyone brought alil something...It was nice..On the 4th i spent the day with my BF like usual..We rented our hotel room...and had some quality time...Its the only time me and him could be alone...We both live with our parents..And we dont have any privacy..Which is the result of my years of using and not doing what i was suppose to do..So im left to start over...Its like almost the past 6yrs was a blank..it like im still 16...And I have to build my crediablity..I have to start off with a part time jobs and go to school..and do all i should of done 6 yrs ago..But at least i should thank my lucky stars im doing this now not 10 yrs from now..or maybe never...Anyways life is good cant ask for anything better...I hope all you guys had the same great time over the holiday weekend...Wish you the best..Jackie
Old 07-11-2004, 05:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
No expectations!

But at least i should thank my lucky stars im doing this now not 10 yrs from now.
You're welcome. Yes! Thank those stars! I'm 37 and I feel like I'm starting over, too. I wasted a couple of decades there really. Sigh...

Well, I'm glad you had a good Fourth, Jackie!
Love, Eddie