Notices

What'd detox feel like for you?

Old 05-06-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What'd detox feel like for you?

What did opiate withdrawals feel like to you? And what were your worse symptoms and how long until they went away?
Old 05-06-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Detox was like a major dose of the flu while having a low voltage wire randomly
poking me in my legs and arms. Unpleasant but a fairly short time all in all.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It depended on a lot of factors. Mild withdrawals were equivalent to a stomach flu, but others were like Dante's 9th circle. With the bad withdrawal my worst physical symptom was definitely RLS. That was greatly improved by day 5 (off of short acting opis). Mentally was way worse for me though. The depression / impending feeling of doom were rough. I don't know how to describe it other than an extreme feeling of inner restlessness and a sense that something was terribly wrong. That starting improving some by day 5, but it took much longer than the physical symptoms to level out.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mines always been skin problems. Either I sweat real bad or I get this really really bad horrible burning skin sensation. The rls is bad, too, tho and anxiety. And not being able to sleep. Ok it all sucks. :/
Old 05-06-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

sweating, runs, yawning, crying uncontrollably, cold and hot, restless legs, but the good thing???? I know if I don't use again I don't have to go through it again…hasn't always worked but trying something different this time. I tried for so long to tackle it on my own but it never worked. This time I am at 34 days today clean. The sickness lasted about 3 days but was only on them for 7 weeks. Hang in there and keep posting.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sweating, Runs, Cold and Hot flushes, sore joints, and total lack off sleep were the physical ones for me and they lasted for around 4-5 days. From then on I think it was mainly mental stuff from getting honest with myself.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

RLS and that deep bone pain in the knees were my worst. I always dreaded that more than anything. For benzos, it was the anxiety and terror that would wash over you. Both sucked.