Notices

Recovery Therapy

Old 05-05-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Recovery Therapy

It has been six days since my family figured out about my drug addiction to powerful non-prescribed opiates. I got assessed the day after at a local detox and clinic for addiction therapy, and I'm not fighting the process one bit. I am almost intrigued into figuring out how my addiction started and why it spiraled out of control in the recent months. I transferred my records to a faith family clinic and will be doing sessions three days a week from 6 to 9 pm. The nine hours per week sounds terrible, but If it will help me out I think it is worth my while. I work Monday through Friday outside doing hard physical labor, so I guess it will be rough for the first couple weeks. Anybody else have therapy like this?
Old 05-07-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not sure what it entails exactly but I have been to inpatient and outpatient rehab and I saw that as a sort of therapy mixed with education and peer support. I find any support to be a more promising approach to going at it alone. Kudos to you for going with what's being recommended.

Good luck!