Notices

hey- pop some more xanax -rant

Old 05-04-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry hey- pop some more xanax -rant

I could scream and pull my hair out at my cousin. She gets moody and does not want to face reality. There are all kinds of things we cant talk about. Today she told me I overwelmed her. (she is out of state) I just know she is reaching for that bottle of xanax.

I dont know if I can stay friends with her.

All I did was ask her which floor plan is on her new apartment.

I give up.

She wont deal with facts or face reality.

But hey- she will pop some more xanax and cry herself to sleep- this is her usual fix it to ANYTHING that bothers her.

She is pushing me away and I am going.

I just dont know if we can have a friendship with things this way. She told me she was going to follow Drs orders- but her patterns do not confirm this.

I do not know if I can afford to care. As I have my concerns and issues too.

She is going to push me away- but hey- a bottle of xanax will fix it- right?

This is why she is fighting a DUI.

She did this to herself- no one else did.

We are getting to the point that the only thing we can talk about is the weather.

I just want to scream.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have lost a lot of people who cared about me to xanax and other benzos. They suck the life out of you and have been the drug I have made most of the worst decisions of my life under the influence of. Your cousin is still in there. No one figured it out for me. I broke myself enough to finally throw my hands up and admit defeat to the benzo monster, but everyone is different. I hope your cousin can find her way.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Clay- she is no where near knowing she has a problem. She is on an extremely high dose. 6 mg a day. She also takes more then the dr prescribed.

I am going to have to find another friend I can banter with- and place less of a value on rational banter with her in any meaningful way.

She has a court day coming up for DUI- and I suspect it could be a continuance. She denies dealing with reality then her plans fall threw- then she goes into a deep depression- pops xanax and cries herself to sleep.

She bought me alot of gifts and I loved that. But I dont want to be there just for the gifts.

Also I am 12 hours away. So there is only so much I can do in terms of intervention.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bezos hit the same receptors as alcohol is she an alcoholic
Old 05-06-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have you thought about attending a Naranon meeting? They're for family/friends affected by the narcotic addiction of another person. I wish we had 'em in my area, as I'm affected by my sister's opiate addiction (I'm a recovering addict) but for now I'm happy with my NA meetings. You might want to also look into codependency - it sounds like you're taking on the stress of her addiction, which is something you have absolutely no control over. Again, these are just ideas I'm tossing around (I'm not a professional lol).

One of my DOC's were benzo's. Last year, I was taking 4-5 1mg pills a day - I used up 35 pills in about 10 days. It's insane - I became addicted to the feeling of not feeling anything. I thought that opiate pills and benzo's were SOLVING my problems - only after I finally got clean for the 3rd time with the help of NA was I able to see that they were actually creating more problems.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Holy Crap!

6mg a day is ALOT of Xanax. No wonder she is not functioning. Is that the amount prescribed or is that what she actually takes? I am sure she is then running herself out which causes withdraws that are the devil.

Back away. She needs help but unless she is willing to reach out for it it won't do any good.

I agree, find Naranon or a support group and take good care of YOU!
Old 05-06-2014, 10:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hope- the 6 mg she said was the dose the Dr prescribed. I never seen a bottle- and nor did I ask.

Last month she exceeded her dose and found some more of the pills elsewhere....
Old 05-07-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Praying for you both!
Old 05-07-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

She just signed a lease in another state. So I am happy she is approved. She has a new life she will be starting.

This should be a huge stress relief. She divorced a few month ago. Instead of going to a rocking chair- she is moving to a nice climate-she plans to get a part time job- so she can meet people.

She has a DUI pending- so hopefully that will resolve. She doesnt move till the end of July- so there is some time if her DUI gets a continuance.

Maybe there is hope. She did not think she would be approved. Based on what I know- I thought she would be approved for that apartment complex. So she was worried for nothing.

I been trying to explain to her- to be candid and honest and thorough with troubleshooting. We cant fix a problem if we dont honestly define it- the options- the parameters and so on.

In the mean time I am on guard to see if she is bi polar.
She does have a Psyciatrist.

I have not held an intervention on her. Not as of now.

Once she is moved- I think her DR should wean her down. This can be dangerous- so I am careful on how I proceed.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Just what I need from her is a lecture. About my life.