Notices

Doctors

Old 05-01-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Doctors

I went to doctors today to get a top up script for codys 30/500 and expressed concern about the amount I was taking and he said "if you have pain then you need to take something untill you have surgery or they may decide you dont need surgery and just tell you to carry on with pills " point is he did not cosider it a problem ??
Old 05-01-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So is it ?
Old 05-01-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

That is not for us to say. We aren't doctors and can't give medical advice. If you're still concerned, perhaps you should get a second opinion?
Old 05-01-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i have had a few opinions from docs they all seen to say the same I dont want to make little of anyones problems on here but it makes me wonder how deep this problem is another thing when i went to pick up script a massive Boots chemist said due to demand the could only give me 30 out 100 pills as they had run out so its not just me ??
Old 05-01-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

One Doc even offered to give me morphine on persciption I said No Thanks lol
Old 05-01-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm not sure where you live but the doctors in my area are very careful about perscribing opiate painkillers. They are under a lot of scrutiny now. A couple of years ago a man who was addicted to painkillers held up a pharmacy. He opened fire, killing several people. Shortly after that many doctors were arrested. Now, you have to prove an injury in order to get a doctor to write a script, it's not easy at all. I think it's sad, because there are patients that suffer from real chronic pain ....that really need it and do not abuse it....but are unable to get a script.