Notices

How to not throw up- re stopping pain pills?

Old 04-30-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face How to not throw up- re stopping pain pills?

I have a tolerance/addiction to opiate pain pills. I am looking for ideas that I can come off of the pills with out vomiting much of the time.

It seems that balance is elusive.

This will be something I have to do outside of my regular Dr- I wont go into the reasons- but I can not have a paper trail.

There is a fine line as to what usage is a problem. I feel that my use is more of a problem then not.

My use has been pretty consistent for 14 years. When I stop I vomit. How long before the vomiting would stop?

Like others here - my problem has other facets to it- besides this.

What started as pain from hell or bombed out of my head on pills- has evolved into ...where the cost and effort to live such a life is not worth it.

I am looking for ideas that the throwing up is not so bad.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey anykey, I've had a pill problem for over 2 years and I never experienced vomiting while trying to quit. However, I have puked many times for taking TOO many pills. I'm sure others will be on here to give you some advice. I do suggest contacting your doctor. I didn't want the paper trail either but there is a way for you to be discreet. You vomiting could mean you have a serious medical condition.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

**Not medical advice but personal experience I meant
Old 04-30-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've also puked from taking too many pills or too much heroin. As far as trying to get off and avoid any kind of withdrawal symptoms, I think you are out if luck. I am only going through my first, and hopefully last withdrawal currently (coming to the end of day 4), I did it cold turkey rather than a taper system like suboxone or methadone. I'm not sure if you can taper the amount of pills you're currently taking and how that would work. I don't believe it's possible though. I asked a friend a while ago and he said that just because you take 1 pill instead of 2, it's as if you took 0. You still get sick. Wish I had some more info and experience for you. I'm sure more will come in.

Good luck and stay with us! There is an incredible support system here when you're ready to get clean. We are all going through it or have gone through it. It CAN be done, no matter how hard it is.

-Steve-
Old 04-30-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi anykey. I know nothing about opiate withdrawal but vomiting is never a sign thats all well.

AveryMarie's suggestion about a Dr seems a good one?

D
Old 04-30-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I puke with going through wd's and it lasts until I get everything out of my system. I think you need to think about your body, the harm you are doing, not about the puking. Your body will heal but it needs time. If I could've, I would detox at a facility but here in China its not an option. I also hate puking, I hate detoxing and the only way I can avoid this ever happening again is my not picking up. You can do this, keep on posting we are here for you.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I puked for four days. Every time I did I gave it both middle fingers. I ate applesauce and a few bananas to help keep the blood sugars from bottoming out. Eventually something stays down and holds on. Best of luck, we will beat the beast.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I used these things for my upset stomach/prevention of vomiting whilst in withdrawal:
ginger ale
ginger sprinkled on food
Tums
pepto bismal
motion sickness pills (over the counter at any dollar store or pharmacy)
sips of water in between the ginger ale - not too much water tho'.
I stayed away from those mega doses of vitamins since they tend to make me ill on a good day.
I ate easy foods like eggs, toast, plain cold pizza, oatmeal.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

As always, ask a doctor first. I had great luck out of otc stuff like Nauzene chewables and Emetrol syrup.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Strangely for me through my withdrawal, throwing up was minimal. But my diarrhea was off the charts! It just stopped last night after 5 days and I finally had an actual solid BM today. I know it's gross to talk/think about but I really couldn't believe how bad it was. Sadly I was too much like a zombie to go to the store and get proper meds to assist throughout the process. But the withdrawal is coming to an end and I feel great today. Hang in there, this will all pass in time. We are all here for you, so bring is anything you got and we will support ya!