Notices

I wanted to share this.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I wanted to share this.

Hey everyone,
Well if you guys don't know already, I have a bad back and neck deg disc disease and spinal stenosis. I've had 2 low back surgeries and a cervical fusion (3) vertabrea were fused. So I love the gym and try to exercise as much as possible. Well since I stopped using I have been going to the gym and I have been wanting to talk to a trainer so I can find a program that will benefit me the most. So Sunday my son (13) says "hey dad lets go to the gym" so we went.
When I walked in there was a table with entry forms to fill out to win something. I wasn't even sure what it was. My son says hey dad fill this out, it's for a personal trainer for a month free. Well I never win anything but I filled it out and dropped it in the box. I remember thinking to myself ok if I win this it will be a sign from the MAN that my life is starting over and he knows my heart and is helping me get started. Actually I was thinking this is a waste of my time.
Yesterday I get a call from the gym and I won the trainer sessions. I couldn't believe it. So they are setting me up with a trainer that specializes in post surgery programs. Mainly for sports injuries. That just blows me away.
The man upstairs is letting me know that if I want him to save me I should try saving myself. I know most of you will read this and think this dude is corny but it really gave me a burst of confidence.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's fantastic sockandtired :-)

Just the boost you needed for a jump start xxx
Old 04-30-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sickandtired that's awesome! It looks like it was meant to be!

Congrats!
Old 04-30-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not corny at all. You deserve this! Are you going to get all body builder on us?
Old 04-30-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow sick! That's amazing, couldn't even make it up! So happy to hear you are on the right track with exercising and getting a healthier lifestyle in place. And the fact that you won some free training from an injury trainer nonetheless! Truly a remarkable story. It's those kinds of things that inspire me to just keep going.

Definitely not a corny story! Stay with us!

-Steve-
Old 04-30-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Sickandtired3 View Post
Hey everyone,
Well if you guys don't know already, I have a bad back and neck deg disc disease and spinal stenosis. I've had 2 low back surgeries and a cervical fusion (3) vertabrea were fused. So I love the gym and try to exercise as much as possible. Well since I stopped using I have been going to the gym and I have been wanting to talk to a trainer so I can find a program that will benefit me the most. So Sunday my son (13) says "hey dad lets go to the gym" so we went.
When I walked in there was a table with entry forms to fill out to win something. I wasn't even sure what it was. My son says hey dad fill this out, it's for a personal trainer for a month free. Well I never win anything but I filled it out and dropped it in the box. I remember thinking to myself ok if I win this it will be a sign from the MAN that my life is starting over and he knows my heart and is helping me get started. Actually I was thinking this is a waste of my time.
Yesterday I get a call from the gym and I won the trainer sessions. I couldn't believe it. So they are setting me up with a trainer that specializes in post surgery programs. Mainly for sports injuries. That just blows me away.
The man upstairs is letting me know that if I want him to save me I should try saving myself. I know most of you will read this and think this dude is corny but it really gave me a burst of confidence.
Well done, that is fantastic news and You certainly deserve it.
I'm sure this will help you so much.
So when do you start the programme?
Old 04-30-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well I've been going to the gym already. I try to go at least 4 times a week. I'm not sure when I'm gonna start my sessions with the trainer yet. I'm waiting to hear back from them
Using the gym as a substitute for drug use is healthy and gives you a healthy goal to work toward. I can't say it enough, those people that are battling paws and sleep issues exercise is the key. I used it the last time I kicked
Old 04-30-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sick,

Good to know! I've only ever worked out once in my life and it was during a 90 day stay at a Halfway house when I was 19/20. A group of us worked out at least 3 nights a week and it was great. I plan on getting back into the gym (my apartment complex has one as an amenity conveniently) just as soon as I can establish a proper diet. Gotta take baby steps! But thank you for the inspiration. I have big plans!
Old 04-30-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

that's awesome news, S&T !!! Really happy for you ! I'm sure it'll add to your confidence and well-being - enjoy the gift!
Old 04-30-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Awesome story! Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks NJDUDE and happy camper.
The encouragement is great, I appriciate it so much, you guys are great
Old 05-01-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

SnT3, you are dead right on exercise being key. It is a powerful tool to combat the after effects of drug use. I couldn't live without it.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Corny is good, and I'd be pumped if I won something too!
Very rad
Old 05-04-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That is a great story!! I also believe exercise is KEY for everyone in this WORLD and most importantly for us in recovery. Gets the blood flowing. Keep up the good work and keep us posted!
Old 05-04-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I liked this story, not corny at all!! Congrats!!