Notices

dont know whats up

Old 04-29-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

dont know whats up

I have been married 3 times and all 3 were addicts. The last one i was with him for 16 years(whew). he was and still is and alcholic and meth addict. In that time frame recovery was promised but never happened. I personally have been beatin, 4 vehicles destroyed, lost 2 homes, been degraded to the point I was depressed, and I cared for this man deeply and still do. Five years ago my oldest child was killed by a drunk driver and my tolerance level for that sort of thing went to ZERO. I took custody of my then 8 year old grandson.

his addiction skyrocketted at this time. I worked nights so he stayed with the boy (yeah right). I came home one night and there was a crack pipe on my kitchen table just 10 feet from my grandsons room. I left that night. went to a hotel and found out he had also cleaned out the bank account, so we slept in the car for 2 weeks until i got a paycheck.

I have been on my own now for 3 years, just me and my kid. My husband is now in rehab but i think he is just trying to stay out of prison. i had to file for divorce so as not to be financially responsible.
My problem is that I dont want to be alone my whole life but I really have trust issues!

I cant even watch a man drink a beer without thinking how ugly that is. Was hoping just talking about it would help me to heal, I think I am too broke to be fixed.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're a victim Rose, not broke! I can absolutely see how being used for so long by a succession of addicts and alcoholics would make you feel that way, but seeing how that is not your fault can be hard.

I would seriously consider seeking out a support group like Al-Anon. It's free and if you can get there will change your life:

Meetings

I'm sorry for your hardship - it doesn't have to keep going...
Old 04-29-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to this forum! You have really been through a lot. You did a really courageous thing by getting out of that situation. Please know that you are not alone. There are a bunch of people here with similar issues, and we are also healing and getting better. I know you feel broken but there is hope. There is also a Friends and Family section to this forum that is full of folks who you may be able to relate to.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...tance-abusers/