Notices

So tired :(

Old 04-26-2014, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So tired :(

I have so much I wanted to achieve this weekend but I feel so exhausted. I'm trying to eat healthily, taking multivitamin and b complex, and I just can't seem to shake this horrid tiredness it's making me feel so down... I keep thinking ill go and have a bath in a min but don't have the energy to get off the sofa. Today is day 29, please tell me I'll feel better soon...
Old 04-26-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes you will!!! I was slug-like (it's the only way I can describe it, lol) for quite awhile but it slowly lifts. Try to eat well, drink lots of water, and give yourself time.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I feel the same way lexy and today is day 14 for me. I will be so happy when I return to normal.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by casinva View Post
Yes you will!!! I was slug-like (it's the only way I can describe it, lol) for quite awhile but it slowly lifts. Try to eat well, drink lots of water, and give yourself time.
How long did it last for casinva?
Old 04-26-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
I feel the same way lexy and today is day 14 for me. I will be so happy when I return to normal.
Sorry you feel bad too... Lets hope it lifts soon! I managed a bath- now need to get some energy to put the kettle on lol!
Old 04-26-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

29 days is superb! Well done!
Old 04-26-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
29 days is superb! Well done!
Ah thanks! Not quite as impressive as your sobriety date though! Way to go
Old 04-26-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Hi Lexy -

Yes, the tiredness ebbs and flows. Some days I could leap entire buildings in A single bound. Others, I could barely crawl to the bathroom. It's part and parcel to healing.

The best you can do for yourself, is listen to your body. Rest if you can.

And rest guilt free.

If you had a hangover, you probably wouldn't give a day on the couch a second thought !

I found when I was at my most exhausted, a few days later I would get a big surge of energy. As if the healing that was taking place while I was resting was really big.

Also, I'm not sure how much you drank or for how long, but check into PAWS.

Be well dear one.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks alpha omega! True what you said about being hungover! It's just so frustrating, I have my dissertation to finish and part of me getting sober was because I didn't want to completely screw up my degree... I think I'll get an early night (again) and hope to wake up fresh tomorrow
Old 04-26-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Lexy I sympathize. I remember feeling shredded for a couple months after quitting. Then one day I woke up with a wonderful glow of well-being. We've beaten ourselves up rather badly - we need chance to heal. I know it's frustrating, but you will get there.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lexy34 View Post

Ah thanks! Not quite as impressive as your sobriety date though! Way to go
Holy Crap I have to change that! Never went back to my profile since I relapsed 2000 times! Yikes!

I just have 4 days actually!
Old 04-26-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks hevyn, I can't wait for that day and when it comes I hope remembering how I feel now will keep me sober!
Old 04-26-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes - I really wish I'd kept a journal of those early days. Memory fades - but you can come here and read your posts as a reminder.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thepatman, you just made me lol. Not at your relapses- just the way you wrote it made me chuckle the first time I've smiled all day- well done for that! And well done on 4 days- this times a winner I'm sure stay strong
Old 04-26-2014, 12:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It gets better! I think I started feeling like the chronic tireds we're lifting around day 85.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hevyn- good idea on the journal! I'm gonna start one! I think it would really help in the future! Thanks for that!

Peanutty- only 2 months of feeling like crap to go then lol! Seriously tho- this is all so helpful. I just feel right now that I'm never gonna feel better, but you all saying I will gives me hope! Even if its 2 months away, I can deal with it if there's light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks all
Old 04-26-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

For me around the 6 week mark is when I started not having to nap during the day (yes, I was like a 3 year old that needed their afternoon nap, lol). But alpha omega is right - it ebbs and flows. There are still days when I just feel so tired and I'm in bed by 8:00 pm! But it feels good knowing that I'm going to bed sober.

Try not to get frustrated. I really thought I'd be a bundle of energy by the second week! But then I realized I had abused my body for so many years that it's going to take time.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by lexy34 View Post
Hevyn- good idea on the journal! I'm gonna start one! I think it would really help in the future! Thanks for that!

Peanutty- only 2 months of feeling like crap to go then lol! Seriously tho- this is all so helpful. I just feel right now that I'm never gonna feel better, but you all saying I will gives me hope! Even if its 2 months away, I can deal with it if there's light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks all

Hi Lexy34, sounds quite daunting when told it can be a couple of months but it does get easier through time that's for certain, I was around 2-3 months but it does depend on how much/often you drank, I drank every day around 8-10 beers and more at weekends so it does take our bodies a long time to recover from abuse like that especially when it happens for years.
Hope you get better real soon my friend, you are doing really well and you should be proud of yourself.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks for your reply casinva, I also am napping like a child any time I can lol.

Stoogy thanks for your kind words. I feel very committed to sobriety and hope my resolve stays strong. I have always been a party girl since turning 18, I'm 34 now, the last few years I have been studying and it seems I've become more of a loner and tend to use wine to 'unwind' its become unmanageable in the last couple of years, probably talking 1-2 bottles a night most nights of the week. Silly really- seems trying to better my life I've actually been making it worse! But as you say- all those years of abuse is gonna take a while to heal.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had some other issues too, but it took me maybe 3 months to get some energy back. Don't lose heart Lexy

D