Notices

crash and cry...

Old 04-25-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

crash and cry...

2 weeks sober! Proud of myself and I have zero cravings for alcohol!

Just to catch you all up...I was offered a new job at the hospital and I took it! Full time, benefits, secure real job! Excited but nervous. I was able to get my kids into a awesome daycare which will be right around the corner. They have never been to daycare and I feel like I am failing them in a way.

I gave my two weeks into my current job and it felt amazing yet sad. I currently work at a bar/smokehouse at night. I am getting away from that and I already feel my coworkers/friends pulling away from me because I have chosen not to drink. Yet they love sending me text or pictures of having fun with each other at the bar! I looked at every pic and they included a drink or several in the pictures.

Lots of emotions going thru me..I felt like i was on a high~not drinking, new job, things lining up perfectly~ Last night I stupidly watch "My sisters Keeper" tears just started rolling down. I have read the book and watch the movie several times and i just couldnt stop crying. WTH!?! turned the channel even and the uncontrolable sobs wouldnt stop!!! My husband came home and called me cute! CUTE?!?! In my head I was just screaming at him. I started to tell him all my issues~ new job, daycare, not drinking...etc... AND in the middle of my release he starts to snore. awesome.

Is this normal for the crash and cry? My eyes are swollen and I am upset that he didnt listen just called me CUTE. I feel a bit better that I did cry thou. Like I washed out some demons or something.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Crying brings emotional relief. It's normal at your stage of recovery to have your feelings all over the map. Stay sober and your emotions will smooth out and it won't be such a roller coaster.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh, Lunachild, yes. It is an emotional roller coaster at first. Up and down and up and down; it will level off with time.

Congratulations on your new job and on two weeks!!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Oh yeah, I remember being an emotional wreck, bawling my eyes out. And I'm a guy! It didn't happen so much with the current quit, but it has with others. Still, my emotions have been pretty unpredictable this time around, too.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done!

Forget the bar and the coworkers/friends, maybe they are not real friends just drinking friends?

About the new job, you should be proud, it will provide a safer sober place to work than a bar.

Your children will adapt at the day care, children have an amazing way of adapting.

And as for your husband, why not just be honest and tell him how you feel about the "cute" comment? Expressing our feeliings in a healthy way is part of recovery

Good luck!
Old 04-25-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

yes its normal! its like your emotions that may have been getting numbed or suppressed with alcohol are finally waking up and dancing in your head because they are alive. You will experience emotions that haven't felt in some time depending how long you were drinking. its a good sign!

congratulations! be happy that your friends are happy, but be happier for yourself now that you are happy!!
Old 04-25-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

lunachild I remember when my kids first went to daycare, it was hard on me but they enjoyed it.
Also let him know how you feel about about the comment and him falling asleep but also remember his comment may have been meant as a nice thing and he may not have meant to fall asleep. I know there have been times I was so tired I fell asleep when my wife was talking to me.
P.S. thanks one more thing I need to remember to apologize to her.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Very very normal lunachild...it's a by-product of our mind and body repairing. Things do get better.

Congratulations on the wonderful things you have happening

D
Old 04-25-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're going through a lot of changes right now, so it's tough and crying is a good release.

I hope you love your new job and I know your kids will settle in at daycare.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
EndGame

I agree with what others have said. Your tears are a sign of relief, perhaps even joy, that you're making your life work without alcohol. You're also in the midst of leaving your old life behind. Lot's of loss, even though it's for the better.

Keep up the good work.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I agree too Luna - I was very close to tears, emotional & hyper-sensitive for a couple months. The intensity of it lessened a bit each day though. You're doing great.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It is normal for the ups and downs especially when you have a lot of change going on. But you have all these great changes! Congratulations on your new job! It sounds good and having day care around the corner is fantastic! You don't say how old your kids are but kids adjust remarkably well. Mine viewed it as an adventure and with other little friends to meet and play with.

As for the friends from your old job, the bar, they may feel threatened by you quitting. Or they may not be true friends. By the time I quit drinking I drank alone. There were no drinking buddies. But about fifteen years ago I relocated and left behind the bar I used to drink at every day and the people I thought were my great friends. It was pretty much a case of out of sight, out of mind. I kept in touch with some for a bit but then all contact stopped. I just didn't really have all that much in contact with them except drinking. Nothing's will probably settle down as time goes on. And really, who is more important? You, your sobriety, your family and kids. Good luck!
Old 04-25-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Auto correct gets me. I didn't have anything in common except the drinking. And things will settle down, not nothings will settle down.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi ruby - don't worry we know you are very articulate and a good smeller...I mean speller...damn auto correct
Old 04-26-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

After I stopped drinking, and for a few months, I remember crying and crying…driving to and from work and the tears would just flow.

I guess it is normal. I DO think I was suppressing a LOT of emotions when drinking and now my body and mind was going to finally experience all that crap. It kinda sucks but it definitely is better than living in a semi-numb state.

Best to you, Luna.