Enough Is Enough

Old 04-24-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pia

Enough Is Enough

I've been scared emotionally for a long time. I have been reading this book Journey from Abandonment and it has some great exercises.

I have been working them several times a day. I also have been praying allot. I pray specifically to get rid of my pride, fear and to be more humble.

This morning as I was running errands out of nowhere in my head I heard a voice tell me Enough is Enough. It's going to be ok. You did all you could and Enough is Enough.

I don't think I have ever heard my inner voice so clearly..I didn't even question myself.

I wanted to post this to get this out of me and remind myself it's going to be ok. I've been down this road so many times and nothing has changed and I have always been ok.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You just gave me goosebumps.
I hope "enough is enough" means you will never again take cr*p from anyone, and that you have realized how valuable and worthy of loving you are.

Big hugs -- to you and your inner voice!
Old 04-24-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Pia

Thank you lillamy- I will work these programs for the rest of my life. I never want to go through this again.

It was surreal for me to hear that inner voice and not push it away or tell myself I can put up with more, I deserve more pain. I heard Enough is Enough and I just knew.

It's such a new way of living.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's a freedom that you have deserved all your life. Go grab it by the tail and run with it!!!
Old 04-24-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
painless

Smile

can u post the authors name so i can buy it tonight. I been reading 1 to 2 self help books a week and they have opened so many new doors for me... Im taking an ANGER MANAGEMENT 12 week class starting this monday just so I can keep my anger under controll. Im doing this on my own just so i know how to control my anger because im a pretty big muscular guy and I wanna know things that will keep me calm in tight situations. Plus knowledge never hurt anyone except those that never seek it. ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR INNER VOICE.. it will never steer u wrong. thanks for sharing... looking forward to reading that book...
Old 04-24-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by PAINLESS66 View Post
can u post the authors name so i can buy it tonight. I been reading 1 to 2 self help books a week and they have opened so many new doors for me... Im taking an ANGER MANAGEMENT 12 week class starting this monday just so I can keep my anger under controll. Im doing this on my own just so i know how to control my anger because im a pretty big muscular guy and I wanna know things that will keep me calm in tight situations. Plus knowledge never hurt anyone except those that never seek it. ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR INNER VOICE.. it will never steer u wrong. thanks for sharing... looking forward to reading that book...
Hi Painless66- The Journey from Abandonment to Healing by Susan Anderson. One of the friends here on SR recommended it.

Its wonderful you are taking the initiative to take a class in anger management and working the program. I hope this book bring you as much relief it has given me.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Radiant View Post

I also have been praying allot. I pray specifically to get rid of my pride, fear and to be more humble.
a worthy prayer that I also often pray

remember -- God is with you -- and -- he will not be against you

MM
Old 04-24-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Pia

Thank you MM
Old 04-24-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Radiant, that's wonderful! Thank you for sharing. This book was on my list, but I forgot about it. Downloading a sample of it now!
Old 04-25-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Its amazing how clear that inner voice is sometimes. Best of luck to you, enough is enough!
Old 04-25-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by keepingthefaith View Post
Radiant, that's wonderful! Thank you for sharing. This book was on my list, but I forgot about it. Downloading a sample of it now!
HealingWillCome recommended it and I couldn't put it down the first few days. I was in awe how the exercises helped me. Now I do them everyday and I feel alittle better. I am learning to talk about my feelings when I am anxious and examine them.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by unsureoffuture View Post
Its amazing how clear that inner voice is sometimes. Best of luck to you, enough is enough!
Thank you unsureoffuture. I hope everyone here gets to that point.