Update

Old 04-19-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

I have posted in a while but I'm doing ok. After supporting my ex with his relapse. I've found out that he was using my name to make him look like the victim. He pretty much had everyone hate me.

He is in a 8 week inpatient program and hopefully gets the help he needs. He said he will fix everything with his family but he hasn't. He wanted his family back together one day and the next he doesn't. He is apparently back with some girl he was talking to and she just creates more drama. He gave me some speech about boundaries where he wants his family on the weekends and I can't question him about his other 'friend'. For some reason he keeps pushing on me that he wants to talk to me about his recovery. I just think he's trying to hook me with that. But he's back to his old ways, not seeing his son and still continues to blame me for things. The lies are just over flowing now.

Yes I have learned my lesson. I will not let myself be used by him again. Later today I will be meeting with his mom to hopefully fix things between us. If we are able to fix that, then at least one good thing came out of this. Then I will talk to my ex and let him know I want zero contact from him until our court date next month.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck with the meeting. I hope it goes well.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by christinastar10 View Post

he's back to his old ways, not seeing his son and still continues to blame me for things. The lies are just over flowing now.
the disease is so very hard on the family
prayers sent out for you and your son
from
Bob
Old 04-19-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

christinastar---you are wise to back away from the flame--otherwise you will get burned...again.

I do understand that his mom is your son's grandmother. I hope that you can keep that relationship in tact.

dandylion
Old 04-19-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Everything went well. I'm glad we are able to communicate once again.

Now my next step is court and give my son a great childhood.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

christinastar---I am sooo happy that things went well with his mom. Having a loving grandmother in a child's life is such a blessing. do everything that you can to protect that.

Honestly, I don't know where I would have been without my grandmother. I still think about her every single day. She guides me.

dandylion
Old 04-19-2014, 10:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm so happy too Dandylion. I was surprised she was on the same page as me. She even apologize for her sons behavior towards me. That alone made me feel soo much better.

Today was a really good day for my son and I. :-)
Old 04-19-2014, 10:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi christina, mothers aren't always logical, but she's known her son from birth and probably understands exactly what's going on. I'm glad she's there for you and your son.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Happy Easter, Christina. I'm so happy for you! May you and your son have a wonderful day today.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for your update Christina, you have come a long way!
Old 04-20-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks again everyone! I'm glad I'm about to have that relationship with her again. I was not able to speak with my XABF about wanting zero contact yet. But that will happen sometime this week. His mom is aware of the zero contact from her son and agrees with it.

Codejob,
Thank you! It's been an emotional roller coaster. But I finally decided to jump off since the ride was making me sick.

Happy Easter Everyone! Hope everyone has a great day!