Notices

PAWS? I got scared...

Old 04-16-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

PAWS? I got scared...

Last night I started sweating, like dripping sweat. My stomach started hurting like I had funny tummy. I didn't think that much about it. I was at the sink washing something (the cat), long story. I felt really dizzy, H said what is wrong you have no color in your face. Next thing I know I was on the floor. Don't remember how I got there. Next thing I remember I was in the hallway with a pillow. He was asking what's wrong. I didn't know. I couldn't walk or get up. Then as I laid there, I threw up. I felt drunk, dizzy, sick. I finally got enough of myself together to go to bed. I felt drunk the whole time, dizzy, wasted.

What the hell was that? It's never happened before. I haven't had a drink in 72 days.

Any experience with this out there?
Old 04-16-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I still get dizziness and fogginess but never anything close to that. Could be a lot of things, but a call or visit to the doc wouldn't hurt either.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Last night I started sweating, like dripping sweat. My stomach started hurting like I had funny tummy. I didn't think that much about it. I was at the sink washing something (the cat), long story. I felt really dizzy, H said what is wrong you have no color in your face. Next thing I know I was on the floor. Don't remember how I got there. Next thing I remember I was in the hallway with a pillow. He was asking what's wrong. I didn't know. I couldn't walk or get up. Then as I laid there, I threw up. I felt drunk, dizzy, sick. I finally got enough of myself together to go to bed. I felt drunk the whole time, dizzy, wasted.

What the hell was that? It's never happened before. I haven't had a drink in 72 days.

Any experience with this out there?
Hopefully you are feeling okay now, I've never had that but I'm guessing it must be a bug or something, I've had the sweats and dizziness in the earlier days of sobriety but I just put that down to my brain readjusting to being normal for a change.

Hope you are feeling okay Raider
All the best
Old 04-16-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not personally raider.

But as you know, seing your doctor would be a good idea. Could be PAWS, could be something else, but it sounds pretty serious, not to be over dramatic, but imagine if this happens in stairs. ;-(

We love you too much for letting anything happen to you!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Patman, what if it happened while driving? At least there were some early warning signs, if it happened again, I would pull over or go sit down somewhere.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

My mother has had similar symptoms due to chronically low blood pressure. When was the last time you had the BP checked? Since you quit drinking?
Old 04-16-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Blood pressure, yes, checked.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi Raider,

I have experienced the same thing...accompanied by very low or very high blood sugar. Also, due to menopausal hormone changes (SORRY fellas).

You might discuss these with your doctor.

Best, S
Old 04-16-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Raider,
I am sorry this happened.
I get migraines with the same symptoms, and the hormonal thing.
I would check with the doctor, couldn't hurt to have a medical update after so many days sober!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Seems like something other than PAWS, Raider. Please do see your doctor if you can.

Doesn't sound like anything serious -- could have just been a passing wave of nausea -- but it would have scared me too.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Raider - I hope you are OK now. Like the above posts have suggested, it could be many different things causing it, probably impossible to discern from limited amount of information, especially virtually... I also suggest that if you feel weird again, make an appointment with a doctor. They can do many specific tests to try and figure out a cause.

To share... I actually experienced somewhat similar things with some panic attacks, and in the worst few cases of them I ran to the doctor or ER. Never regretted that action. I also had some weird reactions to hormonal treatments (eg. certain birth control pills) that were similar, am guessing natural fluctuations in your system might generate that as well so I would second Seren's comments as something to keep in mind.

Good that you've posted
Old 04-16-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I feel better today. A little sick to the stomach and tired. A little worried about what to put in my stomach. Scared the crap out of myself. I did not like that drunk feeling. Hard to believe I chased that feeling for 30 years. It was awful.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Patman, what if it happened while driving? At least there were some early warning signs, if it happened again, I would pull over or go sit down somewhere.
Low blood sugar will do this (drunk feeling, nausea, fainting), but it could be any number of things, so get your butt to a Dr. ASAP. Insist they do blood work.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Make sure you're eating right and stay hydrated.
Always good for the bod.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I have had similar things that sent me to the ER for fear that I was having a heart attack.

Got the all clear after all stress tests, etc. What a relief.

Have you had your heart checked buddy ?
Old 04-16-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I recently had norovirus and it came on exactly as you described. I was standing in my kitchen making coffee, sweating.... All the things you described. Came on suddenly.

Hope you feel better.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

What a scary thing to go through! It sounds a lot like a low blood sugar episode. My son has Type 1 Diabetes and although he's never passed out, one of the symptoms is a "drunk like" stupor. Had you eaten recently? I would definitely make an appointment with your doctor just to rule everything out.

Glad you're feeling a bit better today!