Notices

Depression really creeping in..... :/

Old 04-15-2014, 04:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Depression really creeping in..... :/

Hi, I've been free from alcohol for about a month now after 4 years of abuse, the first month consisted of mild to severe anxiety which has almost nearly abated but now depression is really starting to hit with a sense of hopelessness Anyone had any experience with this? Any advice?

Thanks
Old 04-15-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I force myself to exercise. It almost always lifts my spirits. Even light cardio, like a walk. If it continues see a doctor.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It could be that the depression will lift soon as your body becomes accustomed to recovery. If it doesn't, then maybe talking to your dr would be a good idea. I was depressed long before I began drinking, so I need to take medication for the depression.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I went through a episode of depression like that.
I felt flat,no real emotion at all.
The good thing is it's only temporary. Try to get outside for walks and get some exercise.
It helps out a lot.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for your help everyone, exercise really did help - it was sunny in the UK today and whilst I was depressed indoors, I heard a few friends were playing football at a park and I went along and joined in. I feel fine now, but I now I'm worried that it will all come back tomorrow :/

I was never depressed before I started drinking, I drank because all the social things in my life revolved around it, I would go on nights out 2-3 times a week, drink whilst watching football with friends, relaxing wine after work etc. it just became so common I became more tolerant to the effects of alcohol so I drank more and more until I couldn't stop or else I'd get withdrawal symptoms :/