Notices

Trinkets and tokens

Old 04-12-2014, 02:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trinkets and tokens

Does anyone else have any affirmation trinkets or tokens that they keep with them? I've got a brass affirmation coin which I've been keeping in my purse or pocket.

I also ordered a 12-bead bracelet (12 beads for the 12-steps) with a tiny brass cross on it. I ordered it a few weeks ago from New Zealand and it came today (UK). I'm so pleased with it. It's pretty and subtle. I'll know what its about but anyone else will just think it's for decoration.

What a lovely start to my most difficult day of the week - all ready for attending a new AA group this afternoon too.

I don't know why these things help me, but I feel like they keep me more mindful and alert to my goals so I'm less likely to listen to that monkey on my shoulder when it encourages me to take a drink and forget all this sobriety malarky.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A woman at one of my meetings passed out those crazy twelve sided dice that people use in dungeons and dragons. Twelve sides, twelve steps, twelve traditions. I keep it in my pocket and play with it when I need something to do with my hands. No one would guess it is AA related. I'll just say I'm a gaming nerd. I had my thirty day coin on my key chain but it got lost. I now have a tiny coin on my key ring with the serenity prayer on it that I won at an open speaker meeting I attend.