Notices

Dealing with drunk people

Old 04-11-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dealing with drunk people

Today is day 4 for me and haven't been sleeping well. All week the next door neighbors have been partying hard into the early hours of the morning. Last night was no exception. So at 1030 pm, I asked them if they could keep it down. I have talked to them so many time in the last month about the same problem. So they kept down for 20 mins, then decided to bring the party outside for another 2 hours. Call the cops to handle it and they said we would have to site them a citation and go to court. Wtf. So we delt with and call the managers this morning. They where peeling out with cars, screaming just a mess. Went to bed at 1am and woke up at five am to go to work to day. Just thinking about it, I was like that. Understanding what alcohol does to people me included. I am finding a sponser. Church has a recover group. I am checking out on Sunday. Thanks for the venting.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Finding a sponsor is a great idea Nomad - working recovery actually changes us in a very real way. Egocentric behavior like not caring about how the noise of a party affects neighbors is typical of us when we are in the midst of our addictions. It's good that you recognize you were like that and already are seeing a change in yourself. If you keep working at it you will see more and more changes in your personality that will bring you more into a balanced human being. It's gradual and the key is discipline at working whatever program of recovery you choose, but it happens if we work for it in my experience.

I know I still occasionally struggle with self-centeredness, but I at least can usually see when I'm doing it and can try and make the situation right or can try again the next time around. Keep working!
Old 04-11-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I wish you well, poppet and hope you can crack it. I have faith in you, sweetie - do it xxxxxx
Old 04-11-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job geno.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting. Staying sober is a learning experience. You made it 4 days! Keep going.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good Job on 4 days especially while dealing with that mess! I know dealing with drunk people all too well... I'm a bar manager and have been a bartender for years. When you're sober (long term sober), you really start to see how horrible alcohol is in anyone. It brings out the worst in people...i've gotten to the point where I just don't wanna be around it. I NEVER thought i would feel that way haha