Notices

Old 04-04-2014, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm GunnyL and no matter what else I may be, I'm an alcoholic's dream. I'm a member of AA and if not for a few friends there, you wouldn't be reading this.

My last little episode was about 3 weeks ago and I managed to lose a relationship and home. Got a free ride to the hospital, a detox center and jail.

What I DO have my truck, my clothes and my weights and the patch of ground I occupy. Guess I'm starting from here. My daughter's living room.

I also had support when I needed it, but didn't expect it from my AA group. My brain is not wired to people being selfless. Not the way this world works.

Anyway, someone from another message board referred me here because I spend a lot of time talking to a lot of non-alcoholics who don't have a clue.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Gunny, Glad you are here. There is a lot of information and support on this board. From one AA member to another, Keep coming back
Old 04-04-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by GunnyL View Post
I'm GunnyL and no matter what else I may be, I'm an alcoholic's dream. I'm a member of AA and if not for a few friends there, you wouldn't be reading this.

My last little episode was about 3 weeks ago and I managed to lose a relationship and home. Got a free ride to the hospital, a detox center and jail.

What I DO have my truck, my clothes and my weights and the patch of ground I occupy. Guess I'm starting from here. My daughter's living room.

I also had support when I needed it, but didn't expect it from my AA group. My brain is not wired to people being selfless. Not the way this world works.

Anyway, someone from another message board referred me here because I spend a lot of time talking to a lot of non-alcoholics who don't have a clue.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum GunnyL, it's fair to say your current issues reflect a lot of cases right here, when you hit rock bottom there is only one way to go buddy, just keep posting your thoughts and you will not be lonely.
All the best.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR GunnyL!
Old 04-04-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

One thing I've got going for me. I left here 3 years ago to get sober. I was laying around on my sofa and coming out once a day for booze and smokes. I was going to die there and knew it if I didn't move.

I drove back into town sober, and still am. Strange journey but hopefully, I'm where I need to be.

Where I am with alcohol is I don't have too many more dances with the devil left and it's going to be done. I'm away from the last thing I was allowing to set me off and now knowing what that was, I just have to learn to deal with it. Or don't.

The choice is mine, but at least I have no more illusions about where I stand.

And thanks for the welcome.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You've come to a very friendly and supportive site. I'm glad you joined us.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome xxxxx
Old 04-04-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's so good to meet you GunnyL. I hope it helps to be able to talk things over here. We all understand, like no one else can.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Gunny