Notices

Day 3 - Binge Drinking Quest

Old 04-03-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 - Binge Drinking Quest

Soooo yesterday and today have been super hard! yesterday, I needed a drink really bad from the pressures of work and the stuff coming from my GF (more so her), who refuses to compromise on anything that is going on, the little things to are such a grind and her guilt trips are never ending. So, I got a coffee and headed home, I was so amped up thinking about a drink, that the mellow song I was listening to was raging, however, when I got home I sat in my car reading to come down, replayed that song and it seemed almost in slow motion....the urge to drink faded and a came down from being extremely frustrated. It was just crazy how I noticed how much rage I was in for 10 minutes, knowing a drink would ease that away.

Today, I just went through round two of GF frustration but decided to let her know how I was feeling. I pride myself on being a great listiner and fixing/taking control of situations to fix or help an issue. She is not. So I told her. I have't however told her about these post, and my 30 days of sobriety because I don't want to hear her negative comments about how "I've said that before". Just trying to stay positive and motivate because at the moment my emotions, her lack of compromising and all my "rules" are weighing heavy.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not sure if this will be constructive, but like many say here sobriety comes first. Your life depends on it.

Communicate, communicate! Tell her everything you feel. Good, bad, sad etc. maybe some Alanon might be good for her.

Personally, and that's just me, but anything that shakes my sobriety either changes or has to go. I know I will die if I pickup again. So I choose life, changes I do might be hard, but putting everything in recovery is the way to go.

That's just me.

Good luck!