Notices

Observations So Far

Old 03-24-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Observations So Far

The first time I joined here and got on the wagon was because I'd had a really bad day. Drinking all day, behaved like a general a-hole to my friends and wife and it scared me. That wore off and it was easy to rationalize and say "that's not the norm, that was unusual, I can make sure that doesn't happen again".
So start the moderation cycle right? Only on Weekends after 5 pm becomes only on wednesdays and weekends after 5 pm which becomes every day during the week and weekends after 5 AM..
This time around nothing big happened to scare me into sobriety. I just got sick of always being distracted, never fully participating in anything, having to worry about how many I could have and drive home, playing golf and playing well on the front nine and wondering if I'd be able to even hit the ball on the back nine after 8 beers and a couple fireball shots. Going to a movie and trying to find the right drinks that I could stuff in my wife's purse so that i spent the entire movie looking around to make sure nobody was looking so I could take pulls. Barely followed the movie.
It was EXHAUSTING!
Nothing big happened this time, just tired of it and not happy with the direction my life was going. 15 days sober today and grateful for every minute. No smile or laugh feels better than a sober one!
Old 03-24-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Congratulations xx
Old 03-24-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's crazy how fast our rationalizing sends us spiraling back to old habits! I started the "it's cool on the weekends" too & like you I'm lucky nothing crazy happened but realized why the heck am I chancing it! It's sounds like your determined & on the right path! Good luck! You can do this!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Aristotle once said "In life, we are never standing still. Rather, we are constantly spiraling. Either up, or down."

I agree with that statement.