I can do something when I'm mad...

Old 03-14-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can do something when I'm mad...

WOW, great day! It's not snowing or raining or freezing, spring is closing in my friends woot! What's even better is that I wrote one long rambling post in the hopes of changing someone elses understanding all the while knowing it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference to anyone but me. When I got done I read it over, felt the anger rising within me at the unfairness and injustice I felt at what they were saying....you bet I was mad, I let myself be mad and nothing bad happened to me being mad, then....miraculously I started letting it go, I read it over again....I reminded myself that tugging on someone elses hula hoop isn't really going to help them or me in any way whats so ever. My duty is to realize where my anger and frustration is, accept it and continue on my path without harming others. I was mad, I know why I was mad, it needs no justification or labels it just is was it is. I will get mad sometimes, it's flipping normal (scary, I just did something normies do, lol), I am allowed, it doesn't have to mean I don't care about others, because I do. This is the post I needed to write. GAH that feels good to just say it and let it go.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have a nice spring weekend HikerLady!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I saw a rabbit in the yard last night, I was so excited! Spring is coming!

It is good to be aware, to realize the anger and what it is and to be able to let it go. My therapist would pat me on the head for repeating what he told me....haha!

Have a great weekend!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

HikerLady, what a GREAT post!

That whole thing of being able to get mad at someone and not have the world end--or, in my case, of being able to get mad at someone but not have to remain mad at them for the rest of eternity--is really a revelation, isn't it? It sure makes a difference in my life when I remember it.

"My duty is to realize where my anger and frustration is and let go and continue on my path w/o harming others." I am going to add this to my "Wisdom of SR" file.

Thanks.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HikerLady View Post
tugging on someone elses hula hoop isn't really going to help them or me
Thanks for the image, HikerLady.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nice! Hope you have a good weekend.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I believe that forgiving myself for having those anger feelings (which lead to bitterness, resentment, grief etc etc etc) is the biggest step in LETTING myself have them in the first place. We are all human after all and feeling those is what makes us all even more human. But having the capability to actually let them go without letting them ruin our soul is the most important part to me.
Feel those feelings...go right ahead...but then once you are done that is it...you are done! Move on.
Not many people seem to remember a golden rule from times past..."first do no harm"
Carry on
Old 03-15-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Where in the world is it spring?
Old 03-15-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hiker lady, I'm all excited because my fave season of Autumn (Fall to you) is coming up. For instance last night I needed my doona cover as well as a sheet. Not with a doona in it you understand.

Anyhow, glad you were able to let go of your anger. Writing things down is so therapeutic.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Fabulous post...thank you for sharing

Yep, anger's in there with the full range of other entirely normal emotions. And it is a good feeling to clock that

It's spring here....glorious weather this week...blossom's coming out