Notices

blood tests

Old 03-11-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

blood tests

Got the results for my bloodwork today and believe it or not, they are all normal! Didn't expect that at all, given how destructive I have been for the past 30 years or more. I guess just cutting the alcohol for a couple of weeks helped. Even my cholesterol and triglycerides were good! I dodged the bullet as far as destroying my health, so now I just have to keep it up and not screw up my second chance to try to live healthier and alcohol free. Still need to lose some weight, though, and no alcohol and a low carb diet should help with that.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a relief for you! Now hang onto that good health!
Old 03-11-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

That must be a great relief for you. All the more reason to stay sober.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was just a couple of weeks sober as well, when I saw my doctor for blood test results. She astounded me when she said my liver enzymes were "beautiful!" I was so afraid I'd done permanent damage; it's just such great motivation to stay off the booze for good, like you say, it's a second chance!

Happy for you!
Old 03-11-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rar

That is wonderful news. I know how relieved you must be. I had routine blood work for a non alcohol related issue. When I met with the doc, she told me my liver enzymes were slightly out of the normal range and I was at the beginning stages of liver disease. I was shocked (and depressed) particularly since that wasn't what the blood work was for. I've been alcohol free for 37 days, so I'm hoping future blood work will be normal.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So glad you had good news, scintillady. Now you can live life soberly and in good health; what a beautiful gift.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That is fantastic news! Really happy for you. How great to have been given a clean bill, tick it off the list and hang on to healthy and sober x
Old 03-12-2014, 01:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
That is wonderful news. I know how relieved you must be. I had routine blood work for a non alcohol related issue. When I met with the doc, she told me my liver enzymes were slightly out of the normal range and I was at the beginning stages of liver disease. I was shocked (and depressed) particularly since that wasn't what the blood work was for. I've been alcohol free for 37 days, so I'm hoping future blood work will be normal.
Hi Rar, that is pretty much what happened to me. I went to the doc's with a stomach complaint, ended up having a blood test and it came back saying my liver function was 'reduced' and my enzymes were below borderline (something like that, I should have asked more questions). I haven't had a drink since. Hopefully abstaining will fix it. I'll just have to wait and see when I've been for the follow up test(s).
Old 03-12-2014, 02:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That is great news!!!! I went this week also and not only found out I had strep but my vitamin D level was very low and also vitamin B16. Otherwise everything else including my Liver was great! Lol! Like you said it is such a relief to get a clean bill of health!! Keep up the great work on getting healthy!!!!
Old 03-12-2014, 03:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great news!! . . . now to protect your health moving forward!!
Old 03-12-2014, 03:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Glad to hear you are well xxxx