Notices

Oh no!

Old 03-09-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh no!

Im on day 5 and we have had BAD weather here in the uk and now the sun is shining, well that's beer drinking time for me! Believe it or not but im finding this beautiful weather too tempting! I cant even be in my garden for more than 5 mins because I always drink in the garden in this stunning weather!!

And plus the rugby is on aswell and I wanna have some beers!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi. When I had those moments my undisciplined self said "go for it, you deserve it." That lasted for too long until A moment of sanity hit me and I surrendered to the fact that I could not drink in safety and did something about seriously stopping. Procrastination was a hurtle I needed to overcome as I always liked the softer easier ways.

BE WELL
Old 03-09-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Chille, I'm looking forward to the rugby as well. (I'm Welsh).
Somebody once said to me "play the tape through to the end". In other words it'll start with a nice cold beer in the garden on a lovely day, but if you play the tape through to the end, you KNOW it will end up as yet another f****ed up lovely day and tomorrow morning will leave you feeling guilty, ashamed, full of self-loathing, depressed and probably hungover to boot.
So let's enjoy the game and , being sober, we'll be able to remember it as well.
My first time watching Wales/England sober since, well ever!!
Be strong my friend.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Chilledice, I know the feeling. Since we only get three days sun per year in the uk it can be tempting! Will you still feel the same in the morning though? Hang on in there. Get yourself something else refreshing and tasty to drink? I like fizzy sodas with ice and some lemon. In the past keeping something like this in my hand has helped when those cravings kick in.

Oh and I'm watching the rugby sober too!
Old 03-09-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

All those thoughts are just that, thoughts. They will pass just like they did yesterday. You also know exactly what will happen if you pick up even one beer.

Everything was an excuse for me to drink: nice weather, bad weather, rain, snow, sun, etc.... Stay strong and keep busy. Eat and drink well, sleep if you are tired, call a friend or family member if you are lonely. It will pass.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, im sorry for venting on and on and on but I just need to type it all down!!
Old 03-09-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sparkos View Post
Somebody once said to me "play the tape through to the end". In other words it'll start with a nice cold beer in the garden on a lovely day, but if you play the tape through to the end, you KNOW it will end up as yet another f****ed up lovely day and tomorrow morning will leave you feeling guilty, ashamed, full of self-loathing, depressed and probably hungover to boot.
So let's enjoy the game and , being sober, we'll be able to remember it as well.
Be strong my friend.
Im Welsh too
Old 03-09-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Chilledice, I enjoy the Super15 (Not so much the 6 Nations because I don't really know the teams that well). I'm a die-hard Bulls supporter and used to watch every game (and Crusaders and Chiefs in particular).

You know what the WORST thing is? Waking up on Monday morning and having to log on to Supersport or some other sports site to see what the score was. I couldn't even remember who won! How embarrassing is that? I watched the games but come Monday morning had ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE what the score was.
Cummon, Man, don't be like I was. You're stronger than that!
B.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey CI ,
there will always be an excuse to pick up if we look hard enough . They are just excuses though .

I had a blood pressure of 190/130 and it didn't stop me drinking , more fool me .

Give up, stay given up , otherwise there will always be an excuse right up to our own grave sides .

A sober life is well worth it , IMHO

keep on

bestwishes, m
Old 03-09-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I too have these mental relapses from time to time. Funny, mostly memories of drinking around sports, the sun and even a song can trigger this thought. Described as; "a war going on inside y(our) mind." As Sparkos says, "play the tape through." One for me would lead to a binge, anxiety and a 3 day hangover, well beyond that event I wanted to drink with. If you can believe this happened to me yesterday, when the commentator in the Chelsea match said JM is going in the tunnel early "probably to have a glass of wine." "Bang" there went my mind. Anyhow, it all so says, "to wait 30 minutes" Most urges usually last 15 to 30 minutes. I remember having urges about 4-7 days after my binge. The war does get better, Day 115 here. Hang in there Chilledice, you can get through those times, with "acceptance."
Old 03-09-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
Im on day 5 and we have had BAD weather here in the uk and now the sun is shining, well that's beer drinking time for me! Believe it or not but im finding this beautiful weather too tempting! I cant even be in my garden for more than 5 mins because I always drink in the garden in this stunning weather!!

Gardening, and being in the garden sober is possible.

I wouldn't have believed it either, but it is.

You listen a little too much to your AV voice Chilledice--
There is not only life, but a wonderful life waiting for you beyond drinking.

Please give yourself the chance to get to it.
Enjoy the sunshine sober today
Old 03-09-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Chille,
Don't you dare be sorry! You are doing exactly what you should be doing!! Talking about it..asking for help and support BEFORE you do anything!!

No.....Good for you! This is called doing the right thing! Good for you!! You are thinking of what's best for you first. I'm really proud of you.

Now enjoy the beautiful day. Enjoy rugby, enjoy just being you. If it gets uncomfortable it will pass. What you do right in this moment is what matters. It sets the stage of what you get to start with tomorrow. What do you want your tomorrow morning to look and feel like??

You can do this!
Old 03-09-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post

Well I drink no matter if its GOOD or BAD weather outside. I drink because I am an alcoholic, that is what I do. I drink to change the way I fell. Time to change up your regular routine, change for the better and stop making excuses as to why you drink. Do not blame the weather, or rugby. You alone pick up that drink, ask yourself why that is? and do you really want to recover from this disease or do you want to continue drinking.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well. we lost the rugby match and I would normally feel very depressed and looking to drown my sorrows.
But strangely I still have a smile on my face. It must be because I love being sober!!!
Old 03-09-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sparkos View Post
Be strong my friend.
Thank you for this. So many times I have had a drink without thinking how I will feel in the mOrning or two hours later. I literally just didn't think about it.

I would wake up and be like "that wasn't even fun".
Old 03-09-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey Chilledice. Hope you stayed sober to watch the match and not feeling too bad at the loss.
Chin up there's always next year.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Stayed sober mate but the English are not goona let us live this one down brother!!!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Great job!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Well done Chilledice!
Old 03-09-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good on you Chilledice. You'll cope with the Saeson (the English in Welsh)