Notices

End of day one and already worried

Old 03-03-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

End of day one and already worried

About the weekend. I know it's one day at a time as I've done this before but my kids go to their dads for the week on Friday and weekends were my big drinking days. Starting late morning usually. I'm already worried about how I will fill the days. I wish this wasn't so hard!
Old 03-03-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

prayer, meditation, daily reflections, start a journal, exercise, read a book, go to a meeting, read through posts on SR, get the picture?
Old 03-03-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

The good news is you have several days to make a rocksolid sobriety plan for next weekend melbell

Go to it - if you need help, we're here

D
Old 03-03-2014, 11:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SeaScape

Hi

The weekends are hard...I have to have a plan. It also helps me to 'play the tapes.' I imagine a video of me...I have one drink and the rationalizations just starts going wild in my head. The next thing I know I am drunk and stumbling home. I eat crap, sleep poorly and wake up feeling bad physically and mentally. It's such a bad scene to visualize. I don't want to go there anymore. I reached a point where I'd rather be bored and lonely.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Melbell I found it vital to plan my days in early recovery, what about some suggestions that you tweak to your interests?

Friday night: what about a pizza with a NA drink that you really like in front of a DVD? Then maybe give yourself a face mask, a manicure and other caring-for-you stuff. Then have an early night.

Saturday: Have a good breakfast and a long walk then do what you have to do around the house -- hangover free it takes half the time. Cook something you love for dinner -- leftovers for Sunday night, do some SR reading and find a book/magazines to indulge in.

Sunday: Another good breakfast and another long walk then maybe some thinking about the week ahead. And maybe think about picking up an old interest?
Old 03-03-2014, 11:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Go to a women's mtg & link up w/ a sponsor who will be more than happy to fill in that time w/ her story then you won't be lonely. This disease cannot be fought alone then most importantly work the steps around duties of motherhood
Old 03-04-2014, 12:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Yes just pamper yourself and watch movies, you'll learn to relax eventually xxxx