Remembering Who I Am

Old 03-03-2014, 12:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Remembering Who I Am

Today is day 25 of my AH being in prison. The first week was MISERABLE! I had his family accuse me of setting him up (I called his probation officer to make them aware of his using - he did the rest). I had the AH begging for help one minute, to joining the accusations the next minute. Then I remembered all I had learned....The prison phone number was saved in my phone as Satan with a really ugly picture of Satan. It was great reminder when the phone rang who I was about to talk to and did I really want to have that conversation. It was an amazing tool to pick and choose when I wanted to talk. I blocked all communication with his family and told them they had no reason to contact me or step foot on my property. Today....I am so peaceful. I have treated myself to a new hair cut/color, spent quality time with my 3 daughters, had dinner with friends, and remembered who I was. My AH will remain in prison until he has a treatment plan in place and is working it. I find myself falling into the old pattern of feeling guilty because I called his probation officer - but then I remind myself, I am responsible for my children and myself...and I made the right call. Like an addict, I often fall into old patterns, but TODAY I choose to forgive myself for the old thought patterns, and move into the new ones.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Great way of thinking!
Old 03-03-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Bravo! Enjoy the peace.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Job well done! Guilty if we do...guilty if we don't! Might as well feel guilty for doing....helping ourselves and promoting peace on our behalf!!