Birthday hangover of sorts....

Old 03-02-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Birthday hangover of sorts....

Hi everyone, so...yesterday was the 27th anniversary of my 21st birthday. My father died at 48 so I've been feeling determined to really make this year count. Yesterday was also the 7th year in a row my son has not wished me a happy birthday. Did I feel sorry for myself? I'm not going to lie....a titch. But my outlook on the day was much improved over last year. I feel like last year I allowed his lack of acknowledgement to overshadow all the efforts extended to me by others, family and friends. This year I did not. I absorbed every declaration of love and well wishes. I realized I have an amazing network of people from all different walls of life at my fingertips. My husband spoiled me the entire day, we went to a museum exhibit on an ancient culture I've been wanting to see and finished off the day with dinner and the biggest, freshest piece of real keylime cheesecake you've ever seen!! (Simmer down ladies!! I saved some for you!) It was a good day, I think acceptance is working its way into my life. Would I have enjoyed my only child letting me know I matter and that he's glad I was born? Of course. But regardless....I am full of gratitude today to the people who did let me know I am special to them. Progress not perfection, right? I'll take it.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey
First I want to wish you a very Happy ever-so-slightly-late Birthday. And I want to be first in line for a piece of Key Lime Cheesecake!!!

I understand where you're coming from. My son also did not acknowledge my birthday.....again this past year. Three days earlier was his bio-father's birthday (my XAH) and I knew he had spent that evening with him. This is the man who did not raise him, did not pay child support, and has called my son a "piece of Sh!t" on more than one occasion. Tinge of jealousy on my part? I'd be lying if I said no. But like you, I embraced the love of others who shared my day with me and was grateful for their love. And yes......it is progress.....not perfection......I had to let it go.

Sending a big birthday hug (with a fork in one hand)
ke
Old 03-02-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Happy Birthday Lizwig or should I say happy anniversary?

I am glad you had so many other wonderful people to let you know that you are special and loved. It's so nice to hear your gratitude too. Those pity parties, that I used to love, can be a real downer and add nothing positive to our emotional well bring.

Can I please have my slice now? I am really hungry.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

we always have the choice to focus on Abundance or Lack. our focus becomes our reality. i'm so glad you choose to recognize the love around you.

Happy 21st!
:day
Old 03-02-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy belated birthday
Old 03-02-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Happy belated birthday Lizwig!!!! Here's to a year filled with wonderful things for you! Including lots more key like pie! Hugs!
Old 03-02-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday! Here's to a year filled with love, happiness and health! And more cheesecake!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday!!! I'm so glad you focused on the positive.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am so glad you had a good day and wish you a Happy Happy Birthday!!!