Lifting the fog! X

Old 02-23-2014, 12:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lifting the fog! X

I just wanted to share something with those of you who are struggling with leaving your A's and are wondering how the hell you will cope without them in your lives. And by this I don't mean on a financial or any other sort of level but purely because you are still head over heels in love with them.

I used to think this way too, for a very long time. I even contemplated suicide when the thought of no longer being in contact with my A was too much to bear.

Well this morning I found a picture if him and his new partner on the Internet. (Dont ask me how!)
They were on a night out and he has his arm gently rested on her shoulder while smiling at the camera. She on the over hand is lovingly looking up at her man! (I draw my own conclusions about the body language but that's another story!)

Well contrary to what I thought six months ago, I am not jealous at all. In fact I am relieved that the woman in that photograph is not me and she can have him, complete with a cherry on top!

To be quite blunt, I am actually wondering what the hell I saw in him in the first place?! And that is a revelation for me as I honestly used to think he was the most handsome man in the world! (They are right in saying love is blind and I have now discarded my rosé tinted glasses!)
I am aware that attraction is not purely physical but I clearly was on the crazy train and after 6 months of not seeing him am so glad I am finally off it.

So for any of you out there thinking as I did that you can't live without your A, yes you damned well can so stick with it, concentrate on you and the fog will eventually lift! I'm not saying you will all feel as I do as we are all different, I am purely saying that life does go on and you will, once the tears and pain subside, heal again.

Hugs to you all x x
this is me realising what a huge mistake I made!!
Old 02-23-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Great post, April!!!

Forward with your wonderful life
Old 02-23-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Seren!

I didn't want it to come across as shallow but really wanted those who are feeling low, in despair, anxious etc about their futures without their A's to remember that it can be good alone and as much as it is a cliche, time is a great healer!

I remember where I was in my state of being only six months ago and I have come so far in that time! Much of it is due to the great members and posts on SR; it seems only right to give something back in some way!

If it helps just one person then I am happy with that!

Hugs x