Fun a revelation

Old 06-23-2004, 01:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fun a revelation

Hey,
I have just made a discovery, I thought I could only have fun whilst using or drinking what a mistake, I have started to socialize again and I am having fun...I mean real 'FUN' sober. I can observe or join in if I want and feel great the morning after, I also know when I am tired and want to go home and sleep and I love it.
I see people getting drunk, laughing, then slurring speech, then arguing and then just plain wasted, I was like that and still would be if I relapse, I don't want to be like that ever again and it is very sobering. In the mornings no loss of memory, no hangover and no having forgotten what I did the night before or being reminded by my friends who don't have a drink/drug problem.
I am celebrating with fizzy water tonight in a champagne flute because I know that tomorrow morning I will no longer see the enemy in the mirror or feel ill, guilty or ashamed.
Thanks for hearing me out.

Indigo
Old 06-23-2004, 01:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Indigo
I'm with you on that one. The best is watching the performance, having a fun sober time, then waking up feeling fabulous in the morning. Memories fully intact. No questions asked. No walk of shame after gazing in the mirror. They on the other hand will be feeling like...you know. :dead1: I'd rather be sober any given day then wasted. Sober fun...I come here everyday for some good sober fun.
Talia
Old 06-23-2004, 03:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Recovery is FUN. I love doing things clean. I have so much fun and I am not all caught up in the "what do people think" bulls**. I love going to concerts, and dances, and comedy shows and whatever else comes along. The only problem I have found is I am getting old and won't admit it. I try to do things that the teenagers are doing then in the morning when my muscles ache I wonder why. But I still love it. It beats a hang over any day.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Annie,

You are so right! I had completely forgotten how to have fun when I was drinking and then when I stopped was so surprised when I started having fun doing so many things that I had forgotten I enjoyed! This disease tries to steal everything from us...

Love, Anna