Notices

My Favourite 'regret of dying'

Old 02-12-2014, 09:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Magsie

My Favourite 'regret of dying'

Morning from Mags in the uk.

I didn't let anyone in too close past my armour, I had it hard as a kid and we learn to protect ourselves. Who wants that pain again, and yet, we fall in love and take all our baggage with us.

But if we didn't love what have we missed out on, the love of another person, the love of our pets, the love of the smell of morning dew and the love of the twinkling of the stars at night.

Like the moon and the sun surely follow one another, so we are created with the ability to love one another, if we so open our hearts.

So let's not forget, today, all our special loved ones and let them know we love them and show them because at the end of the day they are all we have.

I read the book the top five regrets of dying, said by people when they knew they were dying. My favourite one and one I would like to take heed to is.

I WISH I HAD LET MYSELF BE HAPPIER

I am so guilty of that.

So, I'm going to my uncles funeral today, it's theme is James Bond with several theme songs, my uncle loved James Bond.

I am going to be happier, I'm not going to be phased by incidentals, they have no matter in my world. My heart is open to receive love and give love.

To my SR friends, be happy, you deserve it. xxxx
Old 02-12-2014, 10:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That was a lovely post, thank you Mags. I hope that feeling in your heart carries through today and forwards into life.

I totally relate to the idea of not allowing ourselves to be happy. There was a big part of me that liked to self-sabotage and not allow myself to feel happiness. It takes practice to be mindful of what we have in our lives...to pause and reflect and really look at what we've got.

After years of being unhappy, it amazed me to find that the things I really wanted were here all the time...
Old 02-12-2014, 10:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Magsie

Jeni, so true, the saying 'the grass is always greener' is spot on. We strive for that better life and don't realise the 'precious present' is here, right now, with us.x
Old 02-12-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lovely post and very true. It's so important to give love and compassion for ourselves to both heal and also to be able to give love and compassion to others. Your post is just like a dharma! Thx !
Old 02-12-2014, 10:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for that post mags - and remember a lot of us go with you today

D
Old 02-12-2014, 10:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Dee, I appreciate and lean on my friends here and thank you all.x
Old 02-12-2014, 10:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Magsie

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Lovely post and very true. It's so important to give love and compassion for ourselves to both heal and also to be able to give love and compassion to others. Your post is just like a dharma! Thx !
Thanks Kaneda, in my ignorance I just looked up dharma and yes, you may be right. A person at work said his wife asked if I was a Buddhist. I am not any practicing religion. We live on sandy ground (in a bungalow, lol) but that encourages thousands of ants to visit us. Being as I am, I cannot bring myself to kill them, so being bored at a morning meeting one morning when they asked if there were any comments I asked if anyone had problems with ants, most said yes! Do you want a sure fire way to get rid of the, all said yes!

I said you have to believe. Then proceeded to tell them my way of getting the ants out of my home.

Yes, I was mocked but it works for me, people ask my husband and he says it doesn't sound true but we don't suffer with armies of ants in our home anymore.