Notices

Morning, Day 2

Old 06-21-2004, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Goddess in the making

Morning, Day 2

Mornings are the hardest time for me. I am so used to getting up, making my tea and having that first smoke of the day (ironically, before I go to the gym).

This morning, I got up and slapped on a patch. Feeling okay. Then my friend called, my smoking buddy, and now I am wondering if there's anyne on the street outside who I could bum a smoke from...just one, just for this morning.

I AM NOT GOING TO DO IT. I really, really want to though.

Confession: last night, I let myself in to my BF's apartment and smoked a nasty butt from his ashtray. I am like a crackhead. :banghead:

My mum is back from Turkmenistan today (she lives there), and I am meeting her for dinner...and I want to be able to see her and say "guess what! I quit!" and see her smile. I want to be able to get a table anywhere in the restaraunt without waiting.

This is better, right? Not smoking is better. It's better. Arg!
Old 06-21-2004, 04:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Each day gets a little easier. It takes time to get the habitual smoking thinking out of our mind, like having one with our morning coffee or tea. Pretty soon we develop healthier habits and that's when it gets just a teeny bit better.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

Yea, those darn cravings attack when we don't realize it - come right out of the blue! Thank goodness I don't have a b/f or husband smoking nearby anymore. I remember one time I quit, a few years back, I was having such a difficult time. The bonehead ex lit up right in front of me. Well, let me tell ya, the tears just started rolling down!
But, I made it through Father's Day without asking sisters for a butt. Went to a friends for dinner and drinks, and didn't ask her for a butt. Went to a loungue after work to meet friends, and didn't ask anyone or buy any. A few times on each occassion I experienced that "rush" of a craving. It passed. So, I am feeling pretty proud of myself right now.
I'm still coughing; I forget how long it takes to clear it away. Anyone know? Long timers? I know that the time will come. I will be able to taste food again. And smell those roses I am beginning to smell like!
It has been:
3 days, 4 hours; 127 ciggies not smoked for a savings of $32 and 10 hours and 35 minutes of my life!!!
Remember to keep the quit; don't puff - post!!!
Shalom!
Old 06-23-2004, 02:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Goddess in the making

Thanks guys- doing well today! I am coughing too, and my throat feels kind of gross, like I'm getting over a cold. I find I'm really tired too...I could nap in the middle of the day! Other than that, I feel great!

Glad to hear you're doing well Teach!

I decided to treat myself to a sauna and hot-tub at the gym yesterday. As I was showering afterwards, I noticed my patch was gone! So here I am, in a towel and flip flops, running back and forth between the sauna and whirlpool room hunting for it. I finally discovered it in the hot-tub filter. I had to remove the cover and fish it out...very quietly, of course! Ahhh, patch funnies