Notices

New to the site

Old 02-03-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to the site

Hello I'm new to the site. I'm scorpion91. I'm from Texas. And at the moment, I think I took my last drink on 2/1/2014. I tell myself several times to quit and it's failed so bad. But after making a fool out of myself and losing money, I think it's time I quit. I do see a counselor on campus(I am a college student), but I'm debating AA since it is a close proxminity to places where alcohol is served. I do have the mini "red book" that was given to me, and I somewhat read. I don't want to disclose any more personal things about myself unless some pm, because I'm new here. I would appreciate if people could share their experiences with me, in attempt for me in getting sober.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, scorpion!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-03-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, scorpion91. I am glad you are here with us. I drank 8-10 drinks a day for at least the last 10 years. I found this place 5 1/2 months ago and haven't had a drink since.

I have learned much from the people who have posted on SR. I have spent many hours reading their stories and have received a great deal of support from the good people here. For me, SR alone has been enough to keep me sober. For others, SR has played a different role in their sobriety.

I have learned many things from SR, but the 4 things that stand out most for me are: #1 - Quitting IS possible. No matter how bad off you think you are. No matter how dependent on alcohol you think you are. Quitting is possible. #2 - Alcoholism is progressive. If you don't quit now, your use of alcohol WILL increase and your descent to rock bottom will be hastened. #3 - If you are an alcoholic like the rest of us, moderation will never be an option. Never. #4 - Having lived on the sober side of the fence for the last 5 1/2 months I can say, with absolute certainty, that if you can remain sober, your life will be happier, healthier and more productive than it has been when you were drinking. Guaranteed.

If you are truly committed to sobriety, SR is a very, very good place to receive support and helpful advice.

Good luck.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You've come to an awesome place for support in quitting drinking. Read and post as you like. If you feel the urge to drink, come here and post instead.