Notices

day 3 -- slightly better

Old 01-22-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 3 -- slightly better

yesterday was hell.
today is still quite miserable, but i am feeling a little bit better (i guess). it's hard to tell; waves of anxiety and depression come and go.

sleep was a little better last night... at least no shaking and sweating at night. although it certainly wasn't restful.

will make it through today and i pray for a decent night's sleep tonight. but that's still far away for now.

almost hard to believe how quickly and ruthlessly alcohol will damage us. just last week, at this exact time, i was happy-go-lucky, not thinking about drinking, not counting my months and days of sobriety. and everything turned upside down in a matter of a few days.

i'm trying to remain positive and understand that these feelings will pass soon enough, and i'll be back to my normal, happy, sober life.
i have a lot to be thankful for. and that's what i am trying to focus on the most, although it certainly isn't easy at times.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

That's a great attidtude x
Old 01-22-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Serious
I am at the end of day 9 and last week I felt exactly like you. I found I had odd dreams, was very tired and thirsty, and didn't really have any energy at all. I just wanted to sit on the sofa and watch trashy films all day! (nothing wrong with that mind!)
Anyhow, I am glad you have made it to day 3 and I am sure as the days go on you will feel better and better.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad to hear you are making it through, the days will definitely start getting better soon. Keep it up and keep posting/reading here if you need reassurance or help. Great job!
Old 01-22-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks for the support friends.

boy, you know those initial few days... every minute is a torture... than it gets a little better. at least i am able to go for a walk without the fear of fainting. spent a good 30 - 45 mins yesterday before bed, just enjoying the walk and brisk weather. did the same this morning, and will probably do again tonight.

even a 10 minute walk seems to do wonders for my mood.

can't wait until i am physically strong and able to get back to working out... but one day at a time i guess. patience and perseverance.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through!!