Notices

This is impossible...

Old 01-19-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is impossible...

Hi,

I'm an alcoholic who was hoping to get help from this site. Right now I'm drunk and desperate. I would image most people are who join here.

The signing up process is impossible though. If you, being drunk, manage to figure out the captcha, you're lucky. And after the site giving me the message that it was incorrect time after time, I finally got a message. Which was for a username I initially chose. I thought the username was the problem.

So then I didn't have the password for that particular username anymore, so I used the option to change it. Which resulted in an error message.

So now I don't know my password and being drunk and needing help, I can't really think. I can only keep this session open and try again some other time.

Why make it so difficult for drunk people to sign up???

Not feeling so welcome...
Old 01-19-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Mistersober to SR. I'm sure you'll figure out how to sign in and out before too long
Old 01-19-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi and welcome to SR, I'm sure next time you log on you can request your password if you forget it.
There are some helpful articles and experiences here, I've been helped immensely from this site and all the experiences I have learnt from.

I hope you stick with us, I'm sure there is lots of help for you.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome!

I could barely see the keyboard when I was drinking.......
Old 01-19-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mistersober - what's happening with you? How can we help? We're all here for you
Old 01-19-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Skye2 View Post
Hi Mistersober to SR. I'm sure you'll figure out how to sign in and out before too long
Thanks. I can't sign in anymore after this session since there is no way for me to know my password.

What I know to be well intended is the signing up procedure. But you can't someone who's drunk out of their mind and needs help perhaps the most to get the captcha right. Those things are impossible at times anyway.

And the other question, which number is the lowest. That's easy. At this point of being drunk. For people who are out of their mind drunk and really need help, signing up is impossible. If all you see is a blur and you're blacking out from time to time, there's no way to reach this community.

I'm drunk enough, and truly need help, to not be able to fix this situation. So I'll keep drinking (not being blaming here, just explaining the situation) and if I accidentally close my browser (which happens while being drunk), I can't get back.

Given all this trouble I might try to sign up with a new username. When I'm relatively sober. But I'm pretty sure there's a big problem in the signing up process. It's too difficult for people who are drunk.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know Captchas are a pain I think the sign up process is like that, to stop those spamming machines getting in, but I appreciate your problem today with it

Do you want to stop drinking, but feel you can't? Is that it?
Old 01-19-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Mistersober - what's happening with you? How can we help? We're all here for you
I'm a terrible drunk. Can't quit. Maybe this isn't the time to join. I think I'll ask to have my account deleted after this binge. Because let's be honest, when you're drunk, you like interaction. I'm lonely. Very lonely. And after my drinking, I will pass out in bed and be miserable again. I'm not even sure if I can get to the point of having my account deleted. I will close my browsers, run CCleaner and that's it.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mistersober View Post

Why make it so difficult for drunk people to sign up???
I was sober when I signed up and experienced a few minor problems
in not much time all was well and I was maneuvering the site
don't go away mad
hang in there
in a day or two all should be up and running for you

note
the moderators here are very fast on the draw (they do an excellent job)
I would think that they will be with you soon

Mountainman
Old 01-19-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey, talk/ post as much as you want if it's helping None of us arrived here thinking we could quit, but you'd be amazed at how many of us have done. Let's face it, if quitting was easy, there would be no need for this site would there
Old 01-19-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Forums and technology in general baffle me nowadays, even sober as a judge. I hope you get it sorted out; and your predicament. Take care and see what you can take from here. x
Old 01-19-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I'm a terrible drunk. Can't quit. Maybe this isn't the time to join. I think I'll ask to have my account deleted after this binge. Because let's be honest, when you're drunk, you like interaction. I'm lonely. Very lonely. And after my drinking, I will pass out in bed and be miserable again. I'm not even sure if I can get to the point of having my account deleted. I will close my browsers, run CCleaner and that's it.
I was the same once. I know it's hard but it is acheivable .. honestly xxx
Old 01-19-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Mistersober - are you still there? If you're heading for a nap, then please do me a favour - lie on your tummy
Old 01-19-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I was sober when I signed up and I had to go through three captchas before I made it through. They were very difficult even for me. I hope you can figure this out. This place has helped me tremendously. I am on day 7 of sobriety after 20 years of drinking 14-18 beers a day or 3 bottles of wine a day. My record of sobriety is 2 days in the past 8 1/2 years, and now I am at 7 days thanks to the support I have found here. Good luck and if you have to try and sign up with another name, do it...if you can get through the captcha. Maybe write your username and password down on paper until you can remember it.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome mistersober, if you want to quit drinking it is possible. I thought i would never be able to quit but i have. SR has been a vital part of my recovery. You will find tons of support and advice here. I hope you decide to stay.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey, talk/ post as much as you want if it's helping None of us arrived here thinking we could quit, but you'd be amazed at how many of us have done. Let's face it, if quitting was easy, there would be no need for this site would there
Alright. Cool group here, I appreciate that.

Talk...

Well, I'm drunk out of my mind and used to it after 20 years. Which is why I've learned to function while being drunk. To a certain extend. The signing up process was a challenge.

But I can type and interact like I'm sober. I'm used to it. No one every suspected anything.

I'm sick and tired of it though. I could have had such a great life. And now I'm stuck in a place where I can drink but can't do much more. A person shouldn't live like this.

I'm lonely. I'm a guy, straight, and there have been several women I could have had perfectly happy relationships with. They "came on" to me. But I retracted. My life, my mind, my situation is a mess.

I used to be the type of guy who could easily get into a relationship. Have cool interactions. Have one-night-stands (sorry if that offends anyone, I find it normal as long as you get to know each other enough). I used to have friends.

And now I'm a lonely person. I don't look bad. It's mainly because of good genes and being one of those people who just don't gain weight. And I handle alcohol well, so it never shows.

My behavior isn't good though. And I isolate myself. While my dream is to have a wife and kids. Which I would have by now if not for the drinking. And if I keep going, my time is up.

So that's me talking... I know I can't keep being a member under this username because of the signing up troubles. So I'll have to try again some other time. But until I log out, I appreciate at least some words that could give hope.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm a terrible drunk
Can't quit
I'm lonely
Very lonely
I will pass out in bed and be miserable again
so many of us here remember those days
you remind me of me back when I was drinking
I wanted out so badly
yet I couldn't stop drinking
with the help of and (simple) suggestions from others
I eventually got the plug in the jug

you need be lonely no more
we are reaching out to you so as to help you
we understand the pain of alcoholism and addiction
our only wish is to help others to recover
if you are ready today is the day
if not
all here will be waiting and praying for you to return soon

Bob
Old 01-19-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Mistersober - are you still there? If you're heading for a nap, then please do me a favour - lie on your tummy
I know the drill. I'm still here for a while though.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I totally agree with every word that Bob has said
You have already broken the isolation thing by joining - keep on moving forward
Old 01-19-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I know the drill. I'm still here for a while though.
Yeah - sorry if that sounded patronising - it's just we all DO care, ya know