Notices

Feeling overwhelmed!

Old 01-16-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mr B

Feeling overwhelmed!

So lately feels like I get time to myself!!! My week pretty much consist of.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday I work from 7 - 3:30 and then have treatment from 6-9 and once a week I have to meet with my treatment counselor for example yesterday I was at the treatment center from 4-9!

Tuesday Thursday I work from 7-3:30 then go to meetings at 6:30. However today I'm going to see a counselor at 6 for some personal issues outside of my disease (alcoholism) to get help then going to 8:15 meeting.

Saturday and Sunday I hit meetings starting at 8 in the morning and usually hit 2-3 more through out the day and night!

I know it will all be worth it in the end.... But just feeling little overwhelmed right now! But it's been 43 days since I've had a drink so it must be working!!!!

Thanks for listening back to work I go!

Hope all of you have a happy and sober Thursday!!!

DBJ
Old 01-16-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sounds like you're working hard on your recovery.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Old 01-16-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Great work on 43 days sober. To put it in perspective, what did your week consist of when you were drinking?
Old 01-16-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 43. It can all be so overwhelming I hear you. But your putting in the work and building a solid foundation. Much better way to start your sober future then just not drinking. Well done!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Its not the quantity that counts its the quality. I can't stand the 90/90 philospohy. While I understand the logic of keepin busy there is a dimishi return on a lot of this. Its like going to the gym and odi a half assed workout hangby the water cooler between sets and spending 2 hours and lookinn at someone getting muh more from an intense 30minute session and asking why.

Conrats on your sober time and your efforts. I go to one meeting per week. I spend one night working steps with my sponsor. I meet with my therapist once a weke for an hour. Recovery is not supposed to become a full time job

Your doing a great job...it might be worthwhile to take a step back and figure out of your routine what is helpful and what is perhaps not needed. You want to be happy - if not then many return to what has provided pleasure for so long, which is one reason relapses are so high.

Good luck.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi.
"I know it will all be worth it in the end.... But just feeling little overwhelmed right now! But it's been 43 days since I've had a drink so it must be working!!!!"

YEP! My suggestion is if it's working don't fix it. When I came around I realized how undisciplined I was and needed your type of activity.

BE WELL
Old 01-16-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

it ain't easy but it's worth it!

Old 01-16-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Great work on 43 days sober. To put it in perspective, what did your week consist of when you were drinking?
That is something everyone should do. List things you did different with your day when sober compared to drinking days.