Notices

Another day 1

Old 01-14-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another day 1

Good morning all.

It's another day 1 for me unfortunately. Ive been a member of a few classes around here over the past year or so. November 13 class was the longest stretch of my adult life 32 or 33 days. Since the first week of December I've been much more drinking than not. 5 days sober at one point. A few single days here and there. Most of them have been drinking nights though.

I've gone on and found the aa number for my area and stuck it in my phone. I feel that's probably what I need to do, but it's very hard to take that step. For now I'm just not drinking today and we'll see if I'm able to work up the courage to call and take another step today or not.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement found on these boards. It's really an inspiration.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you again Kiya

Welcome back

D
Old 01-14-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kiya View Post
Good morning all.
I've gone on and found the aa number for my area and stuck it in my phone. I feel that's probably what I need to do, but it's very hard to take that step.
Thanks everyone for the encouragement found on these boards. It's really an inspiration.
Hi. As you know you get/stay sober by not picking up the first drink. The path was not always easy for me as I was undisciplined while drinking and an expert in procrastination. Finely I got sick and tired of being sick and tired and surrendered and accepted that I couldn't drink in safety.

Going to AA was far less stressful on the body than drinking and good things started to happen when I let them.

BE WELL
Old 01-14-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Kiya - one day at a time. You made it 32 days and that proves you have it in you. Day 1 is a great place to start and your self awareness will take you far. Make the call to AA if that feels right. You'll be happier sober for sure.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Kiya,

Well, at least you are calling it a "Day One".. that means you're willing to try this again. The important thing is that you are willing to give it another go.. good luck!
Old 01-14-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're back and giving it another go.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are back and I'm glad you have another shot at another day 1.

The alternatives are pretty bleak.

This may be a little out of line for me but I'd like to call you on this "it's very hard to take that step" nonsense.

Just go to a dang meeting. It won't hurt, it costs nothing, nobody will judge you, you have everything to gain.... and everything to lose by not at least giving it a shot.

Clearly, what you're doing hasn't worked yet.... so another potential tool in your kit of sobriety assets can only be a positive.

Find out the meetings, go to one.

SIMPLE.