Notices

New here.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here.

Hello all, I just wanted to post to give you a little bit about myself and my history. I am currently enrolled in a phd program for psychology at a florida university. I have been able to hold down a job for the last 7 years while also putting myself through school, I finished my first half marathon this year even with my drinking problem and by all accounts I have been fairly successful. These last 2 years my alcoholism has really gotten out of hand. Recently I went to the doctor and my blood pressure was 162/90, I was put on blood pressure medication. ( I am only 25 years old and I am not that over weight) and diagnosed with gastro-esophageal reflux disease. Over the last 6 months my drinking has increased to the point where I could not get through a day without throwing up. Now for the good news, I have been sober for 7 days now. Not one sip of alcohol, I have to tell you i feel great. It has been tough but not as hard as I expected. I am here because I believe that I will need the support to be able to continue this Trend. This is my first time trying to quit. Since last week i have not had heartburn once, I have not puked or even gagged and I have lost about 4 pounds. I am a happier person overall and I have energy that I haven't had in a while. I am not as depressed and even my girlfriend has noticed that I am "nicer" and happier she even said I have been more social. I know it has only been a week but I am excited to see where this journey takes me and I am happy to be here amongst all of you. Thank you for your support.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm so glad you're doing well, and I hope you continue to read here and post.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Crimki - and congratulations! You sound determined. I wish I had taken action at only 25 - you'll never go through the nightmare times many of us did. We're glad you joined us.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! Happier days ahead so hang in there.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

Welcome to SR
Old 01-12-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-12-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

and congrats on the first of many sober weeks.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

What a wonderful post xx
Old 01-12-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

welcome! I am new too.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks you all for the support already. I know this May be a random or newbie question but is there any place to start a daily journal? I'd like to start one to record the day to day and give people updates. I know i came to this site before joining and I read some inspiring things. I thought it'd be helpful to give others some information on what it might be like and what could be expected taking it day to day on the quest to your first 30 days of sobriety. It'd also be a way for me to hold myself accountable and to look back and previous posts, so when I am feeling the urge, I can look back at day 7 to where I posted about how much happier i am and find that inspiration to keep going. Where would I post this type of journal?
Old 01-12-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I think you can just start your own thread and keep bumping it. Great idea x